Quantcast

91-98 King Quad starters

Tim-ANC

Arraaghhh!

Is it just me or are other people burning through these starters? 91-98 280cc models. Just cracked open my wife`s 94 and the armature is shorted. Had to change another on my boy`s 93 because of worn splines a couple months ago. The spline shaft is part of the armature. So one has good splines but shorted and the other is electrically sound but bad splines.

Yes, I know they are a couple decades old. I can get after market starters off ebay. Relatively spendy compared to teardown parts. Whats your experience with the after market brands?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By STLJ
      Hope everyone is having a great weekend,
      While riding my quad just quit, I mean dead. No life on the dash, no crank and obesity no start. 
      Had a quick look under the plastic, batt reading 12.7v power at the key switch.
      Changed the power pack, still no luck.
      Anyone else have similar problems?
      I don't see a fuse box/panel, is there fusible links in the system? If so where di I start looking?

SK
    • By kawasig
      Hello All
      I'm kinda new to ATVs. I just bought a 1987 Suzuki quad runner 230 Dual Range. I'm having a problem finding info on it. It's very clean, only 2.800 miles. The front wheels are only 30 in.center to center. I was thinking about adding wheel spacers to give it more stability. I realize the added stress on ball joints and bearings. I'm wondering if there are any other concerns? Any input is greatly appreciated!
    • By beast6228
      It's been a long time since I have used a forum, I was the admin of one for quite a few years, had thousands of daily active members, with lots of crazy posts and spammers, so I salute the admins. Anyway, just waving my greasy hands, Hopefully I can help others out.
    • By westomatic
      I have a 2015 sportsman 570 in the shop currently with a cracked oil pan. It is a rental unit, (not my own rental company but a customer's) and the renter that was riding it apparently hit a large rock and dented the bottom of the skid plate into the oil pan and has cracked it where the drain bolt is. (And before any-one tells me to just JB weld it, I am not going to do that for obvious reasons relating to it failing down the trail.  ) It is a quite large chunk that is broken and oil drains out about as fast as you can pour it in. I currently have the customer quoted for removing the engine and replacing the oil pan. Is this the best option? Or should I be looking into cutting the skid plate out, replacing the oil pan, and welding the skid plate back into place? Has anyone done that before? 
      Thanks!
    • By trootncsse
      another new guy.  have a Yamaha Kodiak 700 and Polaris 500HO. My brother has a couple of Polaris. Summer in northern Michigan and ride some in Michigans UP where we have a cabin in backwoods. New to quads last year as far as owning one. Have been a jeeper for many years and modified/built several so have some mechanical ability, pretty knowledgable electrically too. Initially started reading the forums to find out what others using for lubes and common issues, other maintenance etc.  Hopefully I can contribute.