Search the Community
Showing results for tags ' hair'.
Found 1 result
Bought this bike wouldnt start gas pouring out of the carb and no spark. So after rebuilding the carb and repairing some burnt wires to the stator she fired over. Ran her for all last year. She puked out again. No spark again. Determined that the ignitor went. Replaced the ignitor and she fired back up again. So changed the oil and filter to get ready for the winter and was riding an puked again. Now I can only get it to start intermittantly after blowing out the spark plug and adjusting the gap. It will run for a bit then puke again. What I found out completly on accident is that if I leave the plug wire off a little so that the metal isn't touching inside but the rubber holds it on it will fire and run this way. But if i push it on all the way it doesn't start at all. Is my plug bad? Or the wire boot? I'm pulling my hair out here. You can hit it from a dead cold and it will fire right over but as soon as you drive it a bit it pukes. Have to pull the plug wire off a bit to get it to fire again. This seems weird. I'm not great with quads its my first one I'm more experienced with bikes. Is this indicating the resistor in the boot is bad? Help Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk