2002 Yamaha Wolverine 350 ATV No Spark

8 posts in this topic

I checked all the connection, switches and coil

all seem good.

I checked the ohms on the stator. the green /white and the red /white checked

at about 750. book says 459 to 561. does being to high mean its bad?

Can someone give me the specs?

Also how do I change it?

I know I have to pull the side cover. Do I have to drain the oil?

any help would be great.

side cover comes off, 3 bolts holding stator/generator on, 2 bolts holding pick-up on, you don't have to drain the oil, a very little might come out. be careful removing the gasket if you can re-use it. i just used silicone gasket maker when i put the cover back on... get an aftermarket stator, yamaha will drain your bank account if you buy OEM.

Edited by oxidized_black

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHrqIeK9adk]yamaha warrior stator replacement - YouTube[/ame]

i didn't find the specs on the stator, but this vid showed it all. hope it helps

I wish there was someplace I could find the specs and what wires to check.

I'm not sure the info I have is correct.

The wire colors are different.

it is more than 20% over the highest # so I don't know if that

means its bad???

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ironfist104
      My wolverine has a new carb kit, new battery cranks over and over take it to the point of killing the battery to start sometime.... but it I give a tug on the start rope while I'm cranking it with the starter it fires right up.... any advice?
    • By bodatiouskid
      Have a 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 that only has 34mi. on a carb & ring job.
      Cut the gas off today to drain carb.Now engine will not idle.If I open throttle will run,but let off & will cut off.Can screw idle in with no change.
      What happened? Why did this happen when fuel ran out?
      Please help me,my ATV is a daily driver.
      Please help!!
    • By davidwestfall
      looking for direct shift shifting lever that properly fits my 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 and fits my foot the same as a stock 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 shifting lever fits my foot
    • By dboy910
      Ok new to group and new to quads. I picked up a 88 Big Bear for next to nothing but it has issues. The entire high low revers shifter has been removed. All I have is a bar attached to the linkage. I can shift into all three but I would like to replace or get suggestions. I have looked around but there is limited info or pictures on what I would need to buy or where it even mounts. Any pics of what where and how it works would be great. Or direct me to correct thread.
    • By Barrysquad
      Somehow I lost all of my spark on my 350Big Bear, its a 1990. It ran well for maybe 3 days! Thought it was the carb. Cleaned it 4 times. It was losing power at midrange. Got worse and worse. Finally nothing!
      Are these good coils? I was thinking I could swap?
      2002 Honda-200cc: primary 0.4(ohm-200) secondary 9.0(ohm20k)
      1990 Yamaha-350cc: primary 0.8 secondary 11.0