Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Quad Crazy Clock

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By DayBreakJim
      Well, hello everyone. I figured I'd introduce myself with a post. I just turned 33 last month and today I officially quit my job to work on wheelers. I've been buying them broken for about 5 months now, fixing them and selling them for profit. I work on them in my garage and have been selling between 2-4 per month but it has been draining me while also working my full time job. I've slowly been accumulating the basic tools I need to get the jobs done. Nothing special, not a boatload of tools, money or skills. I taught myself through the years and finally got sick enough of working for the city as a sewer service worker to make the jump and quit. I was making 49k a year and now I'm fully relying on my income from repairing wheelers.
      I live with my gf and we have no kids yet so that helps. We live in a major city and it has gotten so bad now that we refuse to have kids and raise them here. There's no way we're putting them into the education system. We're determined to move to the country, buy land and start a homestead. My gf is building her virtual tutoring business teaching kids to read and doing awesome! I knew that this job was the last thing holding us here and I would have to lose it anyway if we're going to another state in the next 2 years so we decided now was the time. 
      So that brings me here!
      I hope I can share things that I'm learning and learn more from you guys! Also I know I'm going to be needing those service manuals sooner or later with how many wheelers I'm fixing. Any tips for us to get to our goals are extremely welcome!! We have no land in either of our families and not much money either so the task of doing all this alone is daunting.
      Nice to meet you all and wish us luck! The clock is ticking!
    • By Jlblucky
      I have a 2006 Can Am Outlander 400. The oil light came on and it overheats. I changed the oil sensor , but the light stays on. I don't notice any difference in power or sounds. The manual claims that the oil strainer needs to be cleaned every 200 hours. Could that be the problem?
    • By theoutlaw
      Hi. Just joined. Looks like a cool forum to be on. 
    • By Chad Dickerson
      I am goin nuts here! I have a 04 400 air cooled 4x4 , I'm a atv,car,truck,mower mechanic for yrs,just sayin. Ok it cranks and kinda fires now and again then after 5 min of cranking and stopping itl start if u touch throttle itl did then u start all over! If u let it warm up sumtimes u can throttle it up other times it just does! Just depends on it? When it stays running it runs awesome,no problems except it just does randomly like u shut key off? Sumtimes itl start right back up others itl do the no start thing! IV put new plug,adjusted valves and hot tanked carb? I'm at a loss here guys! Please any other ideas? I don't think it's anything to do with flywheel? It's not the auto it has a hi low reverse lever on left fender and foot shifter? Help please lol
    • By Freedomflyer
      8hrs

Had the opportunity to get out for a ride yesterday.  A friend came for Thanksgiving from North Dakota so since I had a 5 day weekend this weekend, we headed to one of the few trailheads that are still open this time of year about an hour away. Was a fairly blustery day and only 28 degrees when we left the house. Pipestone (our destination) is about the same elevation at we are but for some reason doesn't seem to get the same amount of snow. Always seems to be bare there when we have snow on the ground. We got unloaded and on the trail at roughly 8:45 a.m. was only about 33 degrees, wind was a steady 20mph which makes it feel like it's around 22.   I don't think he was too excited as we were unloading as the wind was   biting at us in the parking area. I told him it would get better as we got down the trail and into the hills, and it did as we moved on.  Took him to one of the places here that is very unique, even by world's standards    We have a place called the ringing rocks and it is really strange how it works. It's a huge pile of rocks that are just sitting on one another, they are called sonorous rocks and resonate sound like a bell when struck with a metal object.  Very unique areas, and very few places in the world, 4 or so that have these rock fields. There are only 2 areas in the U.S., one here in Montana, an area in Pennsylvania,  an area in the United Kingdom,  and one in Australia. 

Although a pretty cold day there were bits of sunshine that showed through throughout the day. Trails were pretty much dry and sandy.  We had 3 small water crossings of about 14 or 15" deep where ice has started to dam up small creeks. These are fairly small and only 20' or so across. At 1 point we thought maybe we might have to turn back as skies were getting pretty black and dark but decided to push through and only ended up with a few flurries of snow that disappeared and then followed by  patches of sun. We put on about 40 miles and had a great day stopping for lunch with some turkey sandwiches. One of my favorite places to go and would like to do a bit more exploring as there are hundreds of different trails there are hundreds of different trails that crisscross and connect. Lot of history here with mines and trestle bridges,  there is also a spot where an airplane crashed and they never did remove the plane, that one I would really like to find.  The landscape is just cool as there are huge house sized, and larger, Granite rock slabs throughout the Trees and hills. Another benefit is most of the trails are sandy type soil and pretty smooth. With all of the granite here they actually had a quarry that they cut huge slabs for the court houses in the surrounding counties. Unlike the trails that are close to us that have sharp protruding rocks,  in a lot of our area, different type of rock. Was a great day as it always is when you're on the trails