Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

5852fdcfe4def_2002YamahaYFM400FWA(P)ServiceManual.pdf

oxidized_black

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Admin
      Have you checked out our new fluid view for our forum? It'll give you a list of the latest topics on the home page instead of the the traditional/classic forum categories. You can switch back and fourth from fluid to classic views by clicking on the buttons on the top of the forum...

• By ATVsToday
      ©2009 by Del Albright, Use freely given by Permission Only, All Rights Reserved. Page 1
      View from the Locked Gate
      A bit of sarcasm about an access lesson
      By Del & Stacie Albright, BlueRibbon Coalition
      The gal in uniform with the big gun on her hip smiled and waved as she installed the recessed
      pad lock on the gate. I guess she thought we were happy about the road being closed. Her
      rugged 4x4 government‐bought pickup truck that was kinda parked in our view had all sorts of
      signs and decals declaring she was a public servant. We figured it must be true.
      She had sent us an official‐looking letter a while back asking for comments, but the fish were
      a’bitin’ so we missed out on the letter‐writin’. We figured someone else would write those
      darn letters. We figured wrong on all accounts.
      It was a heck of a view we had – trees, rocks, trails, roads, wildlife, mountains, creeks, and vast
      open areas beckoning to the adventurer in all of us. It’s easy to recall my Dad, Elmer, telling
      stories of roaming this kind of back country area 40 years ago with the freedom of a jack rabbit
      in the Mojave Desert. He always told us to get outdoors and have fun while taking care of the
      land. He figured we would all have the same freedom. He figured wrong.
      The ability, and most importantly the opportunity that my dad had to take his kids out and
      teach us how to fish, hunt, hike, play and breathe in the fresh air is all but gone now. My mind
      wanders off and I think of what can happen if we continue down this dangerous path of
      management by closure.
      Soon it will be just a happy memory of our nine year old when she was able to see nature, hike,
      take pictures and jump in and out of our 4 wheel drive while we were on the hunt for a new
      camp spot. Soon she will not have the opportunity to teach them the same lessons and family
      traditions that came naturally and innocently in her youth to her tots.
      Our view now is tainted, to say the least. Padlocks, iron pipe, closed signs, reinforced hinges,
      and small‐print letting us know under no uncertain circumstances that the land beyond the gate
      is CLOSED to access – unless of course you want to haul your buns in there via boot rubber.
      Now, as I stand here watching that same gal in uniform jump back into her four wheel drive
      (that I paid for) and drive on down my old favorite trail I get a lump in my throat and I get a
      little teary eyed just thinking about the view our kids are going to have from this same locked
      gate that’s in my backyard. I don’t think I’m figuring wrong anymore.
      Article: View from Locked Gate
      Back to the future: in reality, there are things we can all do to prevent this (sarcastic) scenario
      from happening. You’ve read tons of articles on getting involved, joining groups like
      BlueRibbon Coalition, and ensuring your family and friends have a place to ride. Just do it. Visit
      Land Use, Access and Rubicon Trail Home Page by Del Albright including Volunteer Training and Outdoor Photography and BlueRibbon Coalition: Preserving your recreational access to public lands. for more things you can do right now. Make a
      difference and help prevent closures from blocking our “view” any more. Join up, donate and
      get in the game. Please, before we have nothing left to figure on...
      The BlueRibbon Coalition is a national recreation group that champions responsible use of public lands
      and waters, and encourages individual environmental stewardship. It represents over 10,000 individual
      members and 1,200 organization and business members, for a combined total of over 600,000
      recreationists nationwide. 1‐800‐258‐3742. BlueRibbon Coalition: Preserving your recreational access to public lands.