Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Jmkanek

2005 Suzuki Vinson odd issue. *need help*

Ok have a very odd issue I can't seem to figure out. Been working on this quad for weeks now.
The issue is that when the quad sits fuel overflows into air box 
Will run fine from around 1/4 throttle up
0-1/4 throttle backfires and just doesn't want to run without putting hand over  
Air box tube as if it is starving for fuel 
When I have the tank and carb off I can hook the fuel line to the carb on Pri. 
and 0 fuel overflows out of the carb

I have the vacuum petcock bypassed, have thouroughly cleaned the carb entirely, all seems fine

I'm stumped on how fuel floods into the airbox when on the quad but off of the quad the float valve seals as it should and no fuel will flow over  

As mentioned runs fine from 1/4 throttle up. It will idle for a pretty decent while the eventually stumble and die then you have to hold the throttle open to get it to crank back as if flooded

Any help would be great. Thank you all

Something is opening the fuel flow and my first guess would be that the float is having issues and getting stuck. However you said you checked it. Have you taken the carb apart and rebuilt it? Is the petcock always bypassed or you just did it to test?

* Moved topic to Suzuki forum.

Yea I've checked the float in the carb several times was the only thing that made since to me also always shuts off as it should    

Mom thinking the gas tank has some debri in it occasionally getting in   So I have a fuel filter ordered and see if it catches much 

I found earlier that a vaccum hose was plugged off.  Cleaned it out 

seems to be running ok again for now 

thanks 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2005 Kaw KUF 650D no start issue

Well I came on here hoping to read a manual about the quad but found that I have to make some posts before that can happen, so here is one.  I work on peoples stuff. Had this well used unit come to me with a no start issue. I found it had fuel  and spark was good but it only had 30 pounds of compression. I put each cylinder to TDC and feed the plug hole with a small amount of air pressure and could hear the escaping air coming out the carb openings. I then checked the valves lash at TDC and found that booth cylinders had 0 lash for the intake valves. I reset the lash to .003 for all the intake valves and reapplied a small amount of air pressure and the leaking of air was gone. I then spent a few hours screwing all the parts I had to take off, back together and then drove it out of the shop. The lash was only 1/4- 1/2 a turn too tight that caused the valve to stay open just enough to make it not start. IMO the heads could use an overhaul some time soon as the valves and seats have become a bit warn. These ATV's just have too much crap stuffed into a small space, I wounder how many fasteners are used to hold 1 ATV together? Later, 

By Freezeman, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 0 replies
    • Quadzilla starting issue

Hi I have a 2008 quadzilla 320e ,engine is sound but takes a lot of starting when left a day or so turns over well misfires ,change plug and starts straight up and will run fine and restart at the touch of the button anyone point me in right direction where to look  thanks

By Gary Patch, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 4 replies
    • 1993 KLF300C bayou gasket issue

Hi everyone, Just looking for some advice on a Bayou 300 that I am working on cleaning up and rebuilding. I bought the beast for 200 and am going to be into it for about 1200 all said and done. I decided after changing the oil three times in just around three hours of driving and having it come out completely black that something was up. That and the clutches were slipping. I believe now that the previous owners had not used the correct oil for the wet clutch system. Both were toasted and nearly metal on metal. Anyway, when I started opening it up I realised there was a massive amount of sludge and gunk inside so I decided to crack open the crank case as well to clean it all up nice while I had the motor out.  This is my question now, I cannot for the life of me find a gasket any where that is for between the two crankcase halves. Is that normal. There was gasket material that was between them originally that would not be reused. Can I just use a gasket maker like ultra black or something of the sorts or am I best off to get gasket material and painstakingly cut out all the shapes and lines and get a gasket made that way? Or does someone know where I could get a gasket? Thanks in advance everyone. Byron

By Byron Tuininga, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 2 replies
    • 1990 Suzuki LT 4wd need help running issue

my atv will start right up will idle fine soon as i try to throttle up engine dies,i have changed gas,new fuel pump and lines great compression 188 lbs.new coil new spark plug adjusted valves dont know what to do also rebuilt carb,any help wanted

By joseph, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 34 replies
    • Early 2000s Polaris Trail Boss 325 4 Stroke Fuel Issue

I wanted to ask this question before I pull this thing apart and dig into the carb. Very seldom used for a couple years but took it out the other day and it ran like crap. Blows black smoke on throttle (unburnt fuel) and sound like a multi cylinder engine with a misfire. Won't rev very high on full throttle but seems to be smooth at about 1/3 or less throttle. Choke doesn't seem to do anything and thinking perhaps it's stuck closed. If I turn off the fuel and let it run for a minute It will rev like normal under full throttle until it stalls out from no fuel but as soon as I open the fuel line again it goes right back to running rich/flooding.   Any help or ideas would be great. Trying to avoid tearing it apart and rebuilding the carb but the only thing I can think is the choke is stuck cause with the fuel off it will rev just fin seemingly as it's emptying the float bowl.

By Brian Haley, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 13 replies