Quantcast

86 lt 250r Need help.

Devin Cook

Hey guys, I have a 86 ltr250 I got for cheap. Runs an rides good but I'm not doing that any because it needs some love. Definatly lower on compression. I've owned a few two strokes but never have rebuilt top end on them. What is needed an or would a Manuel be best to go by being a newb to it? Lol. Also slight oil leak into stator cover so in gonna replace crank seal first. Oil is grey, is that my rings bad causing low compression an fuel to leak into the bottom end? Or is that the double lipped seal for clutch side? Idk if it's water or not, doesn't really smell like fuel either an I'm not losing any coolent. Help guys! It's much appreciated 

• 6 months later...

Grey oil as in milky colored? This is usually coolant and could indicate a blown head gasket, which would also account for the low compression.

Definitely get a manual. It can save you some agonizing problems like finding out the bolt you just stripped was actually a reverse thread (been there, done that).

Oops! Just noticed the date of the original post. Sorry.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By CaptJim
      Hello guys, I hope I am not invading your space, but as you can see the current state of my project here it's not but about 50% ATV. I am hoping that some one here can point me to a wiring schematic that I can reference since the "Complete wiring harness" i purchased from Amazon did not include a diagram of any kind.

The ones that I am finding on line vary greatly but none show the connections for the separate 5 wire connector coming from the motor.

Can someone tell me where these wires go?

Thanks in advance for all help!
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By bco20
      does anyone have an owners manual or repair manual i could download ?i got a 2018 king quad 5oo eps special edition can not find either anywhere thanks
    • By kawasig
      Hello there
      I'm having a problem finding a quality carburetor for a 1993 Suzuki Quad Runner lt-f 250 2x4. I find a lot that have 3-4 star ratings. And all so far don't have the right throttle Cable inlet at the top. The last one I got 4 star on Amazon has a threaded cable sheath rest that could be partially drilled to work. I would prefer to get one I don't have to modify. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!