Quantcast

Instructions for Upgrading 2004-2006 YFZ450 Oiling System

Xyla Cat

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Hermi
      I have this ATV that was given to us by sister inlaw...and look like the fuel filter fell out when drive around....but i can find anything on that system. if anyone could be soo AWESOME to please post manual and/pr pick of where the fuel filer goes that would b GREAT!!!!
      Thank you all for any help!!!!!!!!
    • By Jim Denton
      File limits have dropped for me. Down to 85 KB. I can only get my pics down to around 1.5MB. Have the limits changed because I'm a free member? This is on posts. I made an album in the pics section and wasn't throttled so hard. Just wondering. 
      Thanks, Jim 
    • By bstorm
      Can anyone tell me if a 2004 Yamaha Kodiak 450 cooling system needs to be bled after a coolant change?
      Thank you for your help.

• By keroseneandgrit
      Hi All,
       I've been going through the manual trying to get the charging system on this old LTF230 to work properly,  and ran down sections 8-6 through 8-11 in the manual; http://www.crservice.dk/Suzuki%20ATV/LTF250/LT-F250_01E.pdf#G2.1000137
      I checked the resistance of the generator coils, verified they are within range, checked the open-circuit AC voltage of the generator and found it to vary between about 24-60V on all three legs, and then replaced the regulator/rectifier.  When I tested the new regulator/rectifier, the tester probes give me the correct voltages doing the diode test.  However, when the engine is running and rectifier attached, it heats up and at an idle produces around 9VDC, but when I rev the engine it drops to around 1VDC and heats up, as most of the energy appears to dissipate as heat.  I am testing the DC output with only the 3 wires from the alternator connected up to the regulator unit.  Is this a bad regulator/rectifier, or do I need to connect the negative to chassis ground and positive to the battery terminal before I see something around 13V from the regulator? 

I took off the cover and removed the stator coils, they are in perfect shape and this is not the issue.

Also, I have hooked the battery to the starter relay, when i click the starter relay closed the starter motor will turn when it is removed from the engine, but when installed it does not have sufficient force to turn the crankshaft of the engine but simply makes some noise and vibrates.    Should I replace the starter motor or take it apart to inspect the brushes? I'd like to get the charging system and starter motor to work; as I'm tired of cranking over the engine by hand.

Thanks in advance! 
    • By PRgonzo
      Trouble finding 24mm bearing for the top mounting bolt of my 2008 YFZ450 Special Edition ATV rear shock. Most bearings kits sold are 27mm. Anybody know where I can get this bearing? I am specifically searching to find the bearing kit for the top of the shock absorber. Tried Pivot Works 52-0792 as well as All Balls 29-5043, but both come with 27mm outside diameter needle bearing where my ATV uses a 24mm bearing. Yamaha does not sell this replacement bearing, instead they suggest buying a new shock absorber entirely, which I think is ridiculous. I had a friend remove bearing from a similar ATV, photo of which I have attached. Any help is greatly appreciated.