Quantcast

2007 Yamaha Kodiak 450 4x4 Stuck in gear... Please help

Hello im really needing some advice on where to start for the problem im having. I know that iv got to pull the motor and split the case but is there something i should be looking for? Im guessing its not a very common issue with these bikes because i cant find a single thing online about anyone else talking about it. Anyways my issue is i bought a 2007 Kodiak 450 from a friend whom said he was hauling a** on it down the road and all of a sudden the back wheels locked up. He pulled the rear diff and it seems to be ok i cant spin the rear prop shaft at all no matter where the shifter is.

Ill try taking the belt off but i finally got the bike running today and it runs really good i did notice that with it idling its just fine but if you rev it up a bit it starts to make a clunking sound almost like its trying to go into gear and it doesnt matter where the shifter is i cant get it into low gear though. And as far as the front diff goes i havent been able to turn the front driveshaft but the bike will roll because i have the rear diff removed.

I was really wanting to know if is this a model with a front diff you can disengage ? Or is permanently in four wheel drive ? If you can make it into two wheel drive try it like that...

It's sounding though as if it is a problem in the gearbox..  You could drain the gearbox oil and check for metal chips, or chunks..

• 4 weeks later...

Well i ended up finding the problem the other day. After getting the case split open finally i found 3 different gears that have teeth broken off of them. Everything else looks good. I was lucky and was able to find someone on ebay that was selling the complete transmission gear-set seriously for $40 with free shipping. So i ordered it and the complete engine gasket set so that i can get it put back together

20220329_122136_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-030023.png

Screenshot_20220329-030013.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By N00bie
      From Arkansas. Just bought a 2012 Gator 850i RSX because I could not pass up the price. BUT it has an idle problem. So, to be honest, I joined just to get a service manual. I have a choice: 1)Buy a hard copy: ~$100; 2)Buy a CD ~$35.00; Get a direct download for free posting 10 times; or get a download for $29.00 (subscription). Haven't decided what to do yet.
    • By semicolon
      Hi, I am having issues with my TRX350D fuel pump.  It suddenly stopped running so I have replaced all the fuses and cleaned all the terminals.  I have fitted a new pump, fuel cut-off relay and rectifier.  Still nothing!!  The pump runs when attached to a battery.  The engine will start on the choke and the filter fills with fuel but it will  not rev and dies when the choke is closed. I have power to the relay but nothing at the pump black/white wire when cranking the engine.  Any ideas where to go from here would be very much appreciated!!

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By HSTAR
      Hey I have a 1997 big bear 350 4x4
      I replaced the shifter shaft and the shift arm linkage and the rod when I installed them all I was unaware that you had to line the dot on the shifter shaft with the gap on the linkage arm gap put it all back  together and rode it I can't get it to shift in the right gears  I can move the shift cam by hand and goes in different gears but with the shifter shaft in it riding I can't put it in R or N 
      Anyone know how to line up the shifter shaft and the shift cam s