Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

My lower backyard.

Ulfthednar

So While not extreme, it is pretty loose (what we call bullrock here) scree going up my lower back yard.

The side shot is to give you an idea of the angle. (notice the trees are relatively vertical, so I wasn't leaning sideways):cute:

My CF800XC doesn't hesitate at all.

4high seems to work the best.

I've pulled it in 2 high with no real issues, just a bit of wheel spin.

4low is overkill right now (condition wise) and 4low with the front locker is nuts to hold onto.

anyway, this is part of why I bought an ATV I've drug 16 to 30 foot logs down this hill by hand.

Maybe ten to fifteen tons of stone for landscaping features and a cord or two of wood.

Figured a quad would make the trip up easier and getting logs down a HECK OF A LOT EASIER!

I've passed the break in mark and no complaints.

20220910_172736.jpg

20220910_172751.jpg

20220910_172800.jpg

oh yeah . . the top end of the upper backyard gets a bit steeper . .  :huh:

Didn't feel like walking up  there right now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By p5200
      The studs in the sprocket hub are stripped out. The hub is probably walloed out also. Probably will have to have a new sprocket hub. I doubt I have the ability nor the tools needed for this job. Thanks for all suggestions/opinions! 

20240225_155255.mp4   20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4  
    • By huntindog
      I am in the process of puting it back together after replacing the DPS gearbox.
      The manual I have states that it will need to be flashed by a dealer. Is this still true?
      Also , I have a mystery bolt That I cannot remember where it goes. M6x 70 or so.  Hex head with a flat washer.I will try to attach a pic.
      Pic is no go for now....Cox issue I will try again later
      TIA
    • By vlxerdon
      Hello from southeast Georgia. Was gifted a 2000 Yamaha bear tracker with out a carb or battery and looking like it had seen better days. Was told it had sat for about three years. Explained a lot. Put a carb on and a battery in and it started right up. Surprised the heck out of me  Anyhow as stated in my opening I am  78 years old with a very long motorcycle backgground but brand new to atv's. Anyone else out here from Georgia? Would like to meet up with some folks for a ride or two. Looks like a great site. Thanks for having me. 
      Don
    • By Whiterabbit
      Hey all, from SW Virginia here. I just picked up a '01 Bombardier Quest 650 on the cheap (seller couldn't get it to start). After correctly plumbing the fuel pump (new pump the prior owner installed but had the hoses going backwards lol) and cleaning the carb and fuel tank, repaired all the batt - and batt+ connections she lives!!  I had swore to the wife unit I wouldn't be dragging another "project" home but I couldn't pass it up, it had new tires, new starter, new fuel pump and low hrs. All's good after she took it for a ride! 😆 It rides like a tank, very stable and tons of power.
    • By 86ccord
      Just picked up a 2008 Big Bear 250. It was sitting for about 1 year it's definitely a project. Currently chasing down a no spark issue. Imagine that lol 
      Tons of info around the forum. I look forward to learning!