Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

stuman6669

warrior cuts out when given throttle

my buddys 02? warrior cuts out as soon as you give it throttle. it stays running, but it missfires and pops through the exhaust. it returns to idle and idles fine. the timing looks ok and we have swapped the carb with no change.its been sitting a while waiting on carrier rebuild, it ran fine before that. any ideas?

no inline filter. doesnt change with swapped carb. nothing in motor has been changed nor carb. exhaust smells a little like gas. im thinking maybe an electrical problem, maybe a rev limiter? thanx for reply, cool pic!

What is really throwing me is that it idles. If it was a CDI problem or something I don't know that you would even get it started.

How does the air box/air filter look? It maybe starving for air, possible it is getting enough air to idle but not for the increased load. Mice like to make nest inside of air boxes. I have a friend that practically sucked an entire nest into his motor.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 1990 Suzuki LT 4wd need help running issue

my atv will start right up will idle fine soon as i try to throttle up engine dies,i have changed gas,new fuel pump and lines great compression 188 lbs.new coil new spark plug adjusted valves dont know what to do also rebuilt carb,any help wanted

By joseph, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 19 replies
    • Honda’s Big-Bore Rincon Returns In 2019

atvs The biggest Honda ATV makes its 2019 debut The Honda brand is known for reliability in the ATV industry and this 2019 Honda Rincon carries on the tradition. View the full article

By ATVNetwork, in ATV News, Articles & Press Releases

• 0 replies
    • 2001 warrior runs great in reverse but dies letting out clutch in 1st

Hope someone can help. It runs perfectly in reverse..but dies while letting out the clutch in first. i can take off a little in first and second but it'll die out. It has excellent power in reverse though? it's a 2000 warrior 350. it's impossible to shift into neutral while it's running. 

By buddybeans, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 2 replies
    • 2001 warrior runs great in reverse but dies letting out clutch in 1st

Hope someone can help. It runs perfectly in reverse..but dies while letting out the clutch in first. i can take off a little in first and second but it'll die out. It has excellent power in reverse though?

By buddybeans, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 0 replies
    • 2001 Quadrunner 500 Running Problems

Hi all, Picked this bike up about a month ago, and started doing some work on it. I ordered a carb kit from China, but got tired of waiting for it so I went to the bike shop today and picked up a Shindy rebuild kit. Took the carb out of soak, it has been in there for a month, blew all the ports out, cleaned what I could with a guitar string, used air as best I could to make sure everything was clear. After I was satisfied the body was clean I out the kit in it. Got the floats set to 13mm as per the manual (well 12.87 on one side and 12.92 on the other, so close), set the pilot to a little less than 2 1/2 turns out (manual says 2 3/8 turns). Put everything back together and tried to start it, it started and had a week idle. I tried adjusting the idle screw and as soon as I turned it the bike died. Backed it out and tried again, same result. Left it backed out, started it again and gave it some throttle. As soon as the throttle is touch the bike dies. Changed the spark plug for a new one and checked the spark, good and really strong. I am thinking that I have a bad petcock and am not getting enough fuel to the carburetor. So when I press the throttle I am increasing air but starving for fuel, bike can't run on air alone so it dies. Does this line of thinking make sense? I am gearing up a bottle with a fuel line in it, so I can try gravity feeding fuel to the carb, just have to wait for the silicone to dry so won't be able to test till tomorrow.  If it turns out to be a bad fuel valve, I will most likely just replace it with a universal one. If I go this route, what do I need to do with the breather line off the carburetor that used to go to the OEM petcock? Block it off or leave it open? Any help, answers or other ideas of things to check would be greatly appreciated. I have a fishing trip at the end of the month and would love to have my bike running by then. 

By Coyote251, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 11 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By RevNate
      Trying to help a friend with his 2004 Yamaha warrior 350... It wasn’t getting a spark so we replaced the spark plug, cdi box and coil. Have tested the kill switch, checked fuse,  everything is good there. Monday (8-20-18) we installed a new stator and got spark, ran it around my trails for about half hour then put it up. Today (8-25-18) we went to go riding and it wouldn’t start, again getting no spark... can’t wrap our heads around what happened when we got spark back then a few days later nothing... any help would be greatly appreciated 
    • By Resurgence Small Engine Inc.
      Used ATV parts available from Resurgence Small Engine Inc.
      All parts have been identified by manufacturer's part number, photographed, and listed on our website.
      Our used OEM parts are available for up to 60% off dealership prices. This way you can maintain your machine with well-made OEM parts at a more affordable price!
      Compatibility can be confusing, but we’ve simplified it for you. Browse our current parts inventory by type, make, year, & model or search by OEM part number.
      We make the logistics easy with our Free Shipping Promotion on US orders over $100!
      Visit our website to view our current inventory:
      https://resurgencesmallengine.com/parts/
      Parts are located at Resurgence Small Engine Inc. in Wasilla, AK. Free local pick-up is available and our website is configured for domestic US shipping. For international orders, please contact us.
      More parts & models to be listed continuously! As of August 2018, parts are available for the following ATV models:
      Parts are listed for many models, currently including:
      Kawasaki 2003 KFX400 Polaris 2010 Ranger 500 4x4 HO EFI Suzuki Quadrunner 250 LT4WD 250 LTF250 500 LTF500F King Quad 250 LTF4WDX 300 LTF4WDX 450 Quadmaster 500 LTA500F 4x4 Eiger 400 2x4 400 4x4 Ozark 250 LT250 Vinson 500 LTA50F Yamaha Banshee 350 Big Bear 350 Raptor 350 Warrior 350 Wolverine 350 More parts & models will be added continuously!
      Resurgence Small Engine Inc.
    • By David Tiffany Pack
      I got a 02 warrior that seem to fire perfect if pushed backwards but if you push it forwards it sounds like your pushing over the start and it won’t fire going forward but will backwards any help please 
    • By Pete Barber
      Pull in clutch lever shift into gear and nothing happens ... But When I pull in the clutch lever I hear a clicking sound ... never heard this before ...