stuman6669

warrior cuts out when given throttle

my buddys 02? warrior cuts out as soon as you give it throttle. it stays running, but it missfires and pops through the exhaust. it returns to idle and idles fine. the timing looks ok and we have swapped the carb with no change.its been sitting a while waiting on carrier rebuild, it ran fine before that. any ideas?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Does it have an in line fuel filter?

It sounds like a jetting problem but you said it did it with both carbs????

no inline filter. doesnt change with swapped carb. nothing in motor has been changed nor carb. exhaust smells a little like gas. im thinking maybe an electrical problem, maybe a rev limiter? thanx for reply, cool pic!

What is really throwing me is that it idles. If it was a CDI problem or something I don't know that you would even get it started.

How does the air box/air filter look? It maybe starving for air, possible it is getting enough air to idle but not for the increased load. Mice like to make nest inside of air boxes. I have a friend that practically sucked an entire nest into his motor.

got it. it was parking brake switch. thanx for the help!

yea me too, woulda sucked to tear it all apart to find out it was nothing lol