Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Caution

boxloc

just a word of advice...I bought my first ATV...1996 KingQuad 250...from an ebay ad that expired.....paid 1900.00... a little high but it had the winch and plow I & wanted it to plow a driveway....it started on purchase and when I got it home...got worse in short order and then only would start w/t much prayer...tried to "look into" problems....ended up in the shop where I found starter clutch shot (199.00) due to diaphragm dumping fuel into system and some more carb problems....553.08....I did call seller and he said it ran when I bought but he'd look into maybe sharing expense but I'm not holding my breath...so just be careful out there...unit runs great now but that was an expensive lesson.....STAY SAFE.....

A thorough test ride and once over is a must when buying anything used. Also, before you go to check it out, tell the seller that you want it to be cold when you get there. If someone knows there are problems, they may have the machine warmed up for you when you get there, this may temporarily hide some problems. I hope, that the guy makes it right, if he doesn't I would definately give him hell.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Its-always-something
      Have a 1998 AC 300 2x4, Just installed a new carburetor. Engine starts easy but the choke RPMs are very hi and take along time (5-10 mins when cold out). After engine has warmed up choke releases and it idles and runs fine., It does no have an electric choke. The choke lever is never used and it seems like an auto choke? Long story short, how can I lower the choke rpm levels?

Also, carb came with a spare145 jet, not 100% sure what is installed. Could this impact choke RPMs?

Any help and information greatly appreciated.
    • By Ajmboy
      So we are almost a month into winter and I've been so busy working on my house that up until today, I didn't realize that we just haven;t gotten any real snow yet to warrant putting the plow on my grizzly. So that got me thinking, what are the latest plows out there and what ATV plows are the best? I've got 2 snow plows for my grizzly, a quadboss pile driver atv plow set up and a snowsport ATV plow. They are both a bit dated now and I tend to stick with the snowsport due to ease of use and I just like it so much. So if you have a plow on your ATV, please let us know what it is and post a picture with your atv/plow would be awesome. Would also like to know what you like and dislike about it.
      This is back a while when I did a write up on these 2 plows.... in 2009 I got the snowsport and in 2012 I got the quadboss.

• By Frank Angerano
      So I decided to pick up a small trailer if I could get one for the right price.  I found this one for a few hundred bucks on Craig’s list.  It is  a galvanized trailer which is exactly what I was looking for. The wood was shot and needed some minor repairs which I could care less about as long as the chassis was good. 
      I striped it down and put a new deck on. I had some vinyl realtree graphics that I had laying around so I added them to the fenders which I think worked out well. Very happy with this little guy.  
      I'm having the iron workers at my jobmake me up a few lightweight side rails that will have a 22 degree bend in them to accommodate the tires that slightly hang over the edge and will incorporate some tie down points as well. 

• By Whiterabbit
      3500lb, synthetic rope lead and everything needed to install for........................................ $89 bucks!  I'm installing one on my '01 Bombardier Quest and it looks like a legit buy. If you have a RK nearby & you need a winch you might want to swing by before they disappear.
    • By kawasig
      Hello All
      I'm kinda new to ATVs. I just bought a 1987 Suzuki quad runner 230 Dual Range. I'm having a problem finding info on it. It's very clean, only 2.800 miles. The front wheels are only 30 in.center to center. I was thinking about adding wheel spacers to give it more stability. I realize the added stress on ball joints and bearings. I'm wondering if there are any other concerns? Any input is greatly appreciated!