Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

TreadLightly

Master Trainer Course - San Diego, CA

Interested in becoming a Master Trainer for Tread Lightly!...?

Important: Please Read Before You Register

Please submit one registration per person, this insures that we receive all pertinent information in our database.

If you are currently or have been a paying member of Tread Lightly or you have taken the Tread Trainer course before, your registration will not go through because of a gliche in our database. Please email Tread Lightly! and let us know your name and email and we will make the necessary changes in the database and email you to let you know when you can register. Thank You!

Carlsbad, California (San Diego Area)

Description:

When: FRI & SAT June 10 & 11, 2011

Time: 7:45am - 5:00pm both days

Where:

Hampton Inn Carlsbad

2229 Palomar Airport Road, Carlsbad, California 92011

Toll-Free: 800-675-8738

You will receive an email registration conformation upon completion of the registration process. You will receive an email for Tread Lightly! when registration for this course closes on May 27, 2011 providing more specific information about course expectation and pre-course assignments. If you have additional questions please drop us an email.

A one hour pre-course conference call is required. Calls are scheduled for June 1 at 10am Pacific or June 2 at 3pm Pacific. If you have a conflict please email Tread Lightly!.

Although this course is provided at no cost to you it is not free. The typical course cost for a Master Tread Trainer course is $7,500 and typical registration fees are $75. This course is funded through the California OHV Program Grants and Cooperative Agreements programs. Please make every attempt to attend the course these are your dollars at work.

Course Date: 06/11/2011

Course Location: Livermore, California

Registration Open: Open until full or May 27, 2011

Course Cost: $0.00

Course Size: 13

Seats Remaining: 5

To register: Tread Lightly - Master Trainer Courses

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By raybob
      replacing carb,, the bigger line on right side top of carb does it just vent to the air,, cant find where to hook it up to also I want to check the oil and gear oil I checked the oil in motor and the rear end my question is looks like allen plug on left side of motor if you are setting on the 4 wheller, ps it hs a oli leak any help would be great. Ray in kentucky
    • By fede hanssen
      Hi all,
      I have just got a 1995 Bayou 220 from my brother. It is in decent condition ant it has not been used much, yet it has been sitting idle for a long time (4+ years).
      The plan is to overhaul it and move it to a location where it will be used 4-6 times a year, so, beyond having the battery charged, the idea is to have it ready and in good condition. It will be stored in a steltered place while waiting to be used.
      My questions would be: 1. What things should I carry out as basic overhaul tasks / 2. What are the typical aches, things to watch out for in this model/year.
      I definitely plan on changing all the fluids, filters,  battery, cleaning the carb, etc. but any specific recommendation from your experience will be of great help.

thanks in advance!
    • By Jhyman1984
      Hey everyone,been dealing with quads since I was a kid,now I have a son who loves my raptor 700 and had gotten him an electric power wheel quad but it didn’t cut it for him.so for his birthday “xmas eve” I picked up a used 2002 quadmaster 50 for 500 bucks. It started and moved but needed work..
      got it home drove it for a few feet and it started bogging down and would shut off.
      so I stripped quad down to the frame cleaned it up as best I could without removing motor from frame.
      replaced top end new head piston rings etc cheap kit off eBay along with carb that will be here today.the filter that was on carb was degraded and soaked with gas. Also new cylinder doesn’t have vacuum line so how do I block that off without getting new petcock valve?
      tightened chain.
      guy said quad doesn’t take oil as it’s a closed case right then I knew the guy knew nothing about the machine. So I changed oil,was black and thick and just nasty like sludge.
      suspension in rear seems good but the fronts are very stiff,any way to adjust these or should I get a new set?
      also upon stripping everything down I noticed the exhaust restrictor was gone so without that do I need to update jets in new carb,old carb has original jets??
      and also I’m new to cvt tranny so how would I know if it’s bad etc?
      sorry for all the questions just want to make this thing safe for my 5 year old knucklehead.
      added some photos of my current progress didn’t take any inbetween cleaning everything though 

please any info will be appreciated.
      i haven’t rebuilt a quad since 1999 when I had my blaster and my buddies had other 2 strokes I was the mechanic with no knowledge but always seemed to get things right!!
      also if you notice the old head looked chipped and damaged and I’m wondering if those chips made it into motor how would I go about finding them?i would think by now they would be chewed up? I did not strain oil that I drained but might do that later when the kids are sleeping and I have time to check it without kiddo seeing!

• By quadmaniac
      The websites below will show you ATV laws and some stats for each state.
      ATV Laws and Information - By State
      ATV Legislation - By State
    • By TreadLightly
      Treading Lightly is one of the best practices that we as public land users can do to make sure that we can not only continue to use our public lands in a variety of recreational manners, but also make sure that the natural resources and experiences remain intact for future generations. Its not about restriction, but rather about responsibility for our public lands and to ourselves, our friends and families, other visitors, and future generations.
      So what does it mean to "Tread Lightly"? Well, we've developed our 5 Principles to break it down to basics:
      Tread Lightly! Principles
      Travel Responsibly on land by staying on designated roads, trails and areas. Go over, not around, obstacles to avoid widening the trails. Cross streams only at designated crossings. When possible avoid wet, muddy trails. On water, stay on designated waterways and launch your watercraft in designated areas.
      Respect the Rights of Others including private property owners, all recreational trail users, campers and others so they can enjoy their recreational activities undisturbed. Leave gates as you found them. Yield right of way to those passing you or going uphill. On water, respect anglers, swimmers, skiers, boaters, divers and those on or near shore.
      Educate Yourself prior to your trip by obtaining travel maps and regulations from public agencies. Plan for your trip, take recreation skills classes and know how to operate your equipment safely.
      Avoid Sensitive Areas on land such as meadows, lakeshores, wetlands and streams. Stay on designated routes. This protects wildlife habitats and sensitive soils from damage. Don’t disturb historical, archeological or paleontological sites. On water, avoid operating your watercraft in shallow waters or near shorelines at high speeds.
      Do Your Part by modeling appropriate behavior, leaving the area better than you found it, properly disposing of waste, minimizing the use of fire, avoiding the spread of invasive species and repairing degraded areas.
      We gain a lot by Treading Lightly as a community. Please help us by promoting the Tread Lightly! ethics whenever you can.
      For more information: Tread Lightly - Home
      Also, you can follow us with social media!
      Facebook: Tread Lightly! | Facebook
      Twitter: Twitter
      Myspace: Tread Lightly (Tread Lightly!) on Myspace

Thanks for the support!! And please, feel free to ask here if you have any questions or desire for clarification, at all.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By TreadLightly
      Good morning everyone. As we continue to take massive strides in promoting responsible use of public lands in order to minimize impacts on the environment, other users, and future recreational access we are starting to look more and more to our volunteers. The Tread Trainer program started in 2003 to help build an "army" of volunteers to help support and encourage responsible recreation within their communities, and through that program, we currently have nearly 500 active trainers nationwide. Tread Trainers are equipped after a one-day course with tools and training to host awareness workshops, and provide outreach. Master Trainers are equipped after a two-day course to not only provide those same, but also to train Tread Trainers in their areas.
      Interested in helping us in your area?
      Here is an updated list of our upcoming Trainer Courses:
      Master Tread Trainer:
      October 6 - Rausch Creek Off-Road Park in Tremont, Pennsylvania
      November 17 - Uwharrie Off-Road Training Center in Uwharrie, North Carolina
      To view more detailed information or to register - Tread Lightly - Master Trainer Courses
      Tread Trainer:
      To view more detailed information or to register - Tread Lightly - Trainer Courses
      To request a course in your area, email [email protected]

• By TreadLightly
      Caribou, Maine
      Description:
      When:
      Sunday, October 23
      Time:
      8:00am - 5:00pm
      55 Bennett Dr.
      Caribou, Maine
      To register for this course, please email Steve Salisbury at [email protected] or call (207) 841-8434.
      Course Date: 10/23/2011
      Course Location: Caribou, Maine
      Registration Open: Open until full or Oct. 16
      Course Cost: $25.00
      Course Size: 25
      Seats Remaining: 24
      For more information: Tread Lightly - Trainer Courses
    • By TreadLightly
      NOHVCC, Bloomington, MN
      Description:
      Where: Bloomington, MN
      When: Wednesday, September 21, 2011