Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tahj
      I am looking to see why my 2005 Grizzly  660 won't crank. I have set the valves but suspect a loose timing chain.
      When working to remove the valve cover I found a "cap tensioner case" - parts #25  - #299 on Babbitts site.
      The  cover seems to bridge the valve cover and the cylinder head. What the hell is it and what surprises will I  find if I remove it?
      Uncharted territory for me.
    • By Tahj
      I bought a "project" Grizzly 660, I think it has been a few people's project. The PO had it for a while and did not have time to work on it. He said the battery was good, but I don't know how he knew because the display was blank, no lights and won't crank or run. 
      I found a nest under the front cover, by the CVT inlet, a chewed thru wire and a few more without insulation. Rewired those from the connector (black 3 wire to the display) and replaced the fuse as suggested by a search from this site. That got the display working and power to other circuits. 
      I replaced the aftermarket start switch with a used OEM switch from eBay. Then it would crank a little, and started once for a few seconds. 
      I'm a small engine mechanic - mowers, snow blowers, etc. In my small engine work I have had a number of rider mowers that would crank about a half turn and then stop. The owners have suspected a bad battery and changed it with no improvement. Setting the valves to spec usually fixed this.

I set the valves on the Grizzly without solving the crank problem. I wonder if the timing chain could be off - slipped a tooth. 
      I don't know any way to check for this without pulling the head and looking at the timing marks on the cam gear. 
      Is there another way to check for proper timing?

• By fede hanssen
      Hi all,
      I have just got a 1995 Bayou 220 from my brother. It is in decent condition ant it has not been used much, yet it has been sitting idle for a long time (4+ years).
      The plan is to overhaul it and move it to a location where it will be used 4-6 times a year, so, beyond having the battery charged, the idea is to have it ready and in good condition. It will be stored in a steltered place while waiting to be used.
      My questions would be: 1. What things should I carry out as basic overhaul tasks / 2. What are the typical aches, things to watch out for in this model/year.
      I definitely plan on changing all the fluids, filters,  battery, cleaning the carb, etc. but any specific recommendation from your experience will be of great help.

thanks in advance!
    • By GERONAMO308
      Hi all, does anyone know what type of plastic is used for making ATV fairings.
      In particular Suzuki Quadrunner 1992, if i cannot get a plastic for it in Red for the rear i will attempt repair.
      I have a King Chrome plastic welding kit, however you need to know what type of plastic you are welding.
      Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By GERONAMO308
      Hi all am wondering if anyone has wrecked a 1992 quad runner, an has rear plastics available for it?.
      Am hoping for red, although will take any colour if is in Perth Western Australia.
      Any advice is greatly appreciated
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By OutlawGade
      We went for a ride in the day and enjoyed a good old fashioned "North of Seven" party with a few local bands that evening.
      I decided to mesh the two together.
      [ame]
      [/ame]
    • By mywifeknowseverythin
      Apple announced today that it has developed a breast implant that can store and play music.
      The iTit will cost from $499 to $699, depending on cup and speaker size. They are also introducing the DD size for the true stereo audiophile.
      This has been hailed as a major social breakthrough, because women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      What was no. 1 on the day you were born?
      http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/member/birthdayno1.php?lc=47.4#