Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

deke

1994 Suzuki LT-F160 - Won't Idle

I need a little help here. I just bought a '94 160 cc Quadrunner and I really don't know anything about these. It stalls when it goes to idle. I can't turn the idle screw in any farther so I'm thinking it's the air screw. Can anyone tell me which screw is the air screw? Are there any other adjustments for idle? Also, there is a kind of plunger under the tank that you can pull in and out about a quarter of an inch. Can anyone tell me what that is? Any help would be appreciated.

if you can rev it high, i would spray some carb cleaner in there and see what that does.

is the plunger the choke ?

you may need a rebuild kit. you should check the needle and seat at the float too.

zuki carb 160.jpg

1.jpg

57d77342b98e8_zukicarb160.jpg.d6f3d3752e777528428f5d776cb9c4d1.jpg

1.jpg.89bf299370e2f32e16df7953c738abb6.jpg

Edited by oxidized_black

Thanks for getting back. The choke is mounted on the left side of the handle bars so I don't know if the knob I'm talking about is part of the choke or not. I don't think so but I will take a closer look tonight and maybe a photo and post again.

As to the idle, I can certainly clean the carb but what I'm wondering is if the fact that I just started using regular gas and the previous owner used high test might make a difference in how it idles. I can't use high test at today's prices so I will have to find a way to make it run smoothly on regular gas.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Reece K.
      I just recently bought a 1994 Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4 from a buddy who had the wheeler sitting in his garage for 7 years. I got it home and fired it up pushed it out of the garage and tried to shift it and it wouldn't shift. First it would click like it was shifting, but the wheeler wouldn't move and when I hit the gas it revved up like I was in nuetral. After trying some more it became stuck in 1st gear and wouldnt shift at all. But it later broke loose agian and acts like it is in neutral again. I took the motor off the machine to make it easier to work on.After asking friends they were convinced it was a clutch problem but after opening up the casing for the clutch I don't see anything out of the ordinary and am concerned that it may be a transmission problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.
    • By bodatiouskid
      Have a 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 that only has 34mi. on a carb & ring job.
      Cut the gas off today to drain carb.Now engine will not idle.If I open throttle will run,but let off & will cut off.Can screw idle in with no change.
      What happened? Why did this happen when fuel ran out?
      Please help me,my ATV is a daily driver.
      Please help!!
    • By superdude811
      Can you put tracks on manual atvs? would it be effective? is 280cc enough to even move them? thoughts/suggestions?
    • By insanemustang
      Looking forward to posting some questions on here, doing some reading on here, and enjoying the company of others.
      So I bought a 1994 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4 from a buddy of mine for $1,000. He has had the ATV for about 2 year. No rear problems when talking about the motor. It has failed to start some, and unfortunately it does not have a pull string. Not sure if that is something I can add on later or not. But we traced the issues to the starter and replaced it. Now it starts easily and has a new battery and starter that he bought .
      Issues I am going to be working on, and asking questions about:

Hours display is broken and doesn't show anything at all
      Would like to possibly add a speedometer at some point
      Rear brake doesn't work until the pedal is all the way down to the floor, and then it engages, doesn't really brake. I'm thinking this is a simple adjustment
      ATV pops and clicks when turning. Was thinking CV axles, but not sure and want to be 100% sure before I order replacement parts
      Need to learn the braking system better. It has two hand brakes and then the pedal brake. What's the difference and how do they all work together. Assume one is a hybrid brake that engages both front and rear at the same time, but not sure
      Need to clean/paint the hubs
      The shifting is tough and some times requires more pressure than I'm comfortable with. Not sure if it's lubrication, or an issue with the linkage. Need to learn that too.
      Having a hard time finding a manual online, need to buy one probably

I have around $500 to invest into the ATV. I am hoping this will take it back to really nice riding condition.
      Any thoughts on the above issues/concerns? I plan on using the search functions as well.
      Looking forward to hearing from you all.
      - Brandon
    • By cprservices
      Does anyone on here have a 2013 honda rancher? I have had several Honda ranchers in the past but I bought this 2013 rancher and it hits the rev limiter at half throttle. It is very annoying and I was wondering if anyone else's Rancher does this. If this is something from the factory or if I have a problem or not just trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated