Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By bigdgr
      Just got the quadrunner. Seller showed it would start and run a few seconds on ether. I ordered a new fuel pump and installed it. Put 2 amp charger on battery and tried to start-NOTHING. No lights come on , etc. Acts like battery is dead but it isn't. HELP Please!
    • By hatchet27
      I rolled my bear tracker 250 and it won't start. Where is the saftey and how do I reset it?
    • By Bdubb0227
      Hey guys, I'm new on here but I have a hell of a problem.  I traded for a 98 timberwolf 2x4 and it ran good but smoked.  So I decided to get piston and rings with new jug a and put everything together did the timing by the marks on the fly wheel and the cam gear and now all its is rolling over in the back fires extremely loud someone please help
    • By erthnet
      I'm going a little nuts trying to nail down what's causing this. Any help help or feedback would be so much appreciated.
      Once warmed-up, I'll get blue exhaust smoke, and the plug will gets a sooty black coating. I'm assuming it's an oil problem. My gut says rebuilt the top-end, my wallet and watch both scream no.

Bike was a non-runner when purchased. Story goes: was a barn-find from an old man that only rode it occasionally, seller "didn't want to" put time into rebuilding the carb. Odometer is just over 1,200.
      First thing I did, was drain the crankcase: thin oil with strong gas smell. After the 1st oil fill, I ran the bike ~5 minutes to warm and circulate that new oil, and then I flushed and filled with new oil a 2nd time. Didn't overfill either time (added 3qts, 2 minutes running, 15 minute rest, and then topped to middle of oil window). New oil filters too. Also replaced the petcock, and a new in-line gas filter. Diaphragm had a hole, so I rebuilt the carb. Float level is 12.5mm (within spec), pilot screw @2.5 turns (spec is 2 7/8), needle clip in 3rd groove (I'm at 1,000ft).
      Bike starts easy: slightest press of the starter, and its idling nicely. Once warmed, I got blue smoke. Engine also bogs; will not climb a 10% hill once warmed, but it'll do it when cold (if I'm gentle on the throttle).
      I've changed the plug a couple times during this process. Every time, it starts and idles fine...until its warmed-up. Then it's a little more difficult to start, and it smokes once running (and warmed). Bike also tends to die if shaken side-to-side. Only times it didn't die when shaken side-to-side, is when I had the air filter off. Still not sure if the dying is due to an electrical issue or not...haven't traced that one out yet.
      Leak-down shows no issues, either warm or cold (even did it with the oil filler cap off...just in-case of a plugged crankcase vent):

I can't tell if the bike is burning oil or not, as the seller left me a little surprise (yea, it drips from the cover ~10x/minute while the engine is running):

I'd expect blue smoke on starting it this was a valve issue...but there's no hint of smoke when the engine is started/ran cold. I'd expect a leak-down to show pressure losses if this was bad rings...but cylinder holds pressure whether hot or cold.
      Does this still sound like a top-end rebuild project? Or am I overlooking something?
    • By ATVNetwork
      Round four of the 2021 ATV Motocross National Championship (ATVMX) Series, an AMA National Championship, headed to Aonia Pass MX in Washington, Georgia for another exciting round of competition.
      View the full article
  • Similar Tagged Forum Content