Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2008 Odes 400cc ATV 4x4

Do you have the push-button-Honda-like-shifter mechanism?

I know there has been some electrical issues with some of these machines. Mostly related to the semi-automatic shifter-system, and to the little electrical motor that engages and disengages the 4x4.

This little motor often burns up internally, and therefor need replacement.

You can loosen the engage/disengage-motor by loosening the 4 screws in the pic below, and open it up, having a look-see.

There will come some diff-fluid when you take the motor out, so be sure to add some when putting it all together again.

If you have a test light there are a few simple tests to determine if it's your actuator or your switch that is giving you the shift problem, first make sure you have a your test light connected to a good ground, turn your ignition to the on position,(do not start it) now turn your 4x4 switch to the on position or the engage position. Now with the test light touch the connectors at the actuator to see if there is any power at the actuator.

actuator.JPG

actuator.JPG.c43ff3ff44b7e44c3e19fa46cc86354e.JPG

• 5 years later...

Hi I know this isn't about the four wheel drive, but I would like to put the foot shifter on my 08 odes 400 ATV. And I went to put it on last night and the rod that is coming out of the engine just sits there and spins to one side then stops and can go all the way back to the other. How do I hook this up? Please help.