Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

wolverinepilot

2006 Yamaha Wolverine - Exhaust Help

Hi all just been looking to upgrade my exhaust pipe and it seems I am very limited as to what there is that is a direct fit onto a 2006 wolverine. My question is will the exhaust slip on pipes for the 400/450 kodiak and 450 grizzly bolt up directly? Have it narrowed down to a big gun evo or a mbr 6000 from a local dealer but they are all listed for the kodiak and grizzly not the wolverine. Looks as though a big gun may be what I want for performance and sound but the price is $445 compared to the $235 Mbr. Does anyone have any input on this subject?

call or email the manufacturer and ask ... they may or may not know for sure. you can also take measurements from the other bike(s) to see if everything will line up ... or go to someone like

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.
, and see if the stock exhaust is the same part number(s) ...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2008 Polaris Outlaw 90 CC electrical system question

I recently bought a 2008 Polaris 90cc outlaw for my daughter it only needed a few things like a carburetor and a transmission shaft which I fixed with ease. The headlights on this vehicle are dim so I bought a aftermarket set of headlights also a  small winch does anyone know if the stator puts out enough voltage to run these extra accessories do they sell a stator that puts out higher amps? I would appreciate any help that you guys should give me

By Tony Amato, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • 2018 Kodiak 450 Engine oil

Need some guidance  It's time for the engine 20 hour break in oil / filter replacement Of course Yamaha recommends their Yamalube for my Quad - No way to source it locally - Amazon sure but am wondering if i is really needed  Not very familiar with the Yamaha wet clutch lubrication requirements - would appreciate  some education  My 20year old  Honda with a manual tranny / auto clutch has been using Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic for 15 or more years with no issues      Can I use standard Castrol 10-30w dino oil? in the Yamaha How about Pennzoil Platinum 5-30w Synthetic?  in the Yamaha    Thanks for the help

By KJINTF, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 0 replies
    • kodiak compression issue

I am new to forum, please bare with me. I have a 2000 Kodiak 400 that would not start, found timing had jumped 4 teeth, reset timing 'no luck', checked valve clearance all ok, .04 int / .08 exh, no luck. fire is excellent, did compression check (with gauges) compression is at "0". checked valves again still same. did leak down test found no leaks by intake nor by exhaust nor into crankcase. pulled head and gasket not blown, valves looked good (little carbon) pulled jug checked rings looked good. replaced with new rings, decarboned valves reinstalled top end reset timing and valves, still no compression. can any one please tell me what I am missing? by the way in past 19+ years have done many top ends never had this problem.

By recon, in General ATV Discussion

• 7 replies
    • 400 kodiak starting mystery

2000 kodiak 400 4x4 ultramatic sometimes it will start with the starter and sometimes all I get is a buzzing from the starter solenoid, took it to the shop and he found nothing wrong other than a possible starter relay which he changed, it started and he thought it was fixed so I brought it home, started fine, unloaded and parked it, went back later and same old buzz from the solenoid, did that about three times and started on the fourth, has a new battery, cdi box and starter solenoid but this is driving me batty! 

By Mike56, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 5 replies
    • Yamaha Kodiak 450 YFM450FAR Service Manual

View File Yamaha Kodiak 450 YFM450FAR Service Manual Yamaha Kodiak 450 YFM450FAR Service Manual got it for free so i thought i would share Submitter basmn Submitted 10/17/2018 Category Yamaha ATV  

By basmn, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 1 reply
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By ej200421
      i was wondering if i could get some help. i been trying to locate where the fuel and air adjustment screws are located on my 95 kodiak 400. i think i found the fuel screw.. i know where the throttle adjuster is but i cant find the air screw. or is there an air adjustment on these carbs?
    • By Ironfist104
      My wolverine has a new carb kit, new battery cranks over and over take it to the point of killing the battery to start sometime.... but it I give a tug on the start rope while I'm cranking it with the starter it fires right up.... any advice?
    • By marcuslachance
      I
      I bought a Honda 250sx 1986 but the exhaust is broken. Apparently it's not possible to order a new one. I checked to order one on others compagny but there's noting.
      Do you know which exhaust it's possible to install. Is there a company who sold an exaust to fit on my 250sx.
      Sorry for my english
      Thank you
      Marc
    • By greatwhite
      I looked through many of the threads and could find it was wondering if anyone could post a link to a PDF Service Manual 2008 Kodiak 450.
      I found one for 2005 but I am sure there are differences.
      Thanks all
    • By M0BJT
      Hi Everyone
      This is my first post and I was wondering if there is anyone who can help me solve a problem I have with my Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 Fitted with a Mikuni Carburetor . The year of the quad is around 1998, the reason I am not sure of the date is, there wasn't any paperwork and no details on the frame either.
      The quad had a bad leak from the carb overflow which indicated that the float needle valve was blocked or passing so I replaced this and put everything back together. The quad ran really well until I took it onto some rough ground to have a ride around, a few hours later the engine started to run really rough as if the engine was flooding. I have removed the carb again and cleaned the needle valve out and the whole of the carb just in case there where any dirt behind it. Engine now runs fine again but fuel has started to run out the carb overflow again.
      I have tried everything to try and stop the fuel leaking out the overflow but its still happening. My last thoughts where to adjust the float level and its still happening.
      Has anyone got any thoughts on the problem or could suggest whats causing the fuel leaking out the overflow.
      Thanks for reading
      Kevin