Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Hi I bought an adly 300 atv the other day needing a few bits which I've done so it fires up and will run with and without choke however when I put it into gear and set off it gives just enough throttle to keep it moving give it abit more throttle and it bogs out i've had the carb stripped and cleaned with carb cleaner and an air line, fitted a new plug,changed the fuel changed the air filter, checked the cam timing about 5 times yet the problem persists and now I'm all outta ideas the engine is the same as the Honda trx 300 ex

Edited by maguire29

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Richard Paradise
      My 1997 Beg Bear got stuck in 2nd Gear when parked on slight hill, otherwise in perfect shape. Trying to get it into neutral, by rocking it back and forth won't release out of gear.
      Any suggestions, It's my work horse and I keep it in to shape, got to get it running..
    • By Flipper Tiffany Roper Jones
      All I have been through everything. Bought brand new.
      Throttle safety switch 
      Cam and rockers
      ECM
      Carborator
      Stator
      Fuel safety switch 
      Battery
      Everything every forum has spoken of I've bought sealed airbox completely tight unplugged black wire on trans. I have literally done everything in the book.Checked oil today full of gas anyone no anything what might b wrong. Next I'm taking head off and making sure valves seat any ideas.
    • By John Dunn III
      Just bought a LT 230 anything I should watch for. It runs and drive good. Just don't want no surprises 
    • By weblex
      Problem: The ATV starts and runs at idle perfectly. But as soon as I open the throttle, the engine starts to slow down until it stops. On the attached video you can hear the sound of how it works: see video below
      Prehistory: there is a Polaris Sportsman 500 1998, which for about 1.5 years stood in repair, including also replacing CDI with one taken from the same ATV. Finally, the vehicles were on wheels, traveled several kilometers and overheated - forgot to fill the antifreeze Came back home in small moves. The next trip started well, but after 10 km there was a feeling of a small drop in power (even as the vehicle got warm completely) but still drives. Next trip - the situation is repeated. The next test of ATV through time and a huge loss of power from the very beginning. The engine sneezes, does not want to go more than 5 mph.

What has been done: the carburetor has been replaced with a new one (inexpensive, $ 40), a new spark plug, a new ignition coil, the engine head has been removed, the piston is in good condition, valves were corrected - but the problem was definitely not in them.

Ignition control unit is suspected. Who faced similar? Please help in solving the problem.
      Thanks in advance.

• By w_r_e
      Just picked an '03 Bayou 300 2WD.  It runs ok, needs a little help though. Maybe someone can answer some questions for me.
      1. The choke "off" position is the lever all the way right, correct?
      2. The choke seems mechanically... funky. It has a little valve clamp around the rubber boot where it goes into the carb, seems kind of janky, I don't think there's typically a valve clamp on that part? The engine seems like its running really rich, smoking a bit, so I wonder if I can just completely remove the choke cable to see if that's part of the issue? But I don't fully understand the choke needle setup. Is "choked" when the needle is being pushed in, or pulled out? Like it I chopped the cable just outside the rubber boot by the carb, would I be permanently choking it or permanently unchoking it.
      3. I've read that I can tweak the air/fuel screw and maybe fix the rich mix. Where is that even located, and if it's behind a cap that I have to drill out... where is that?
      Thanks for any tips
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Roy Anderson
      I have a 2002 Suzuki LT-F500F, and am a first time atv  owner. I rode two wheel bikes for many years, and now, two months in to being a new at owner, am just not enamored with the thumb throttle, and I’m wondering if anyone has tried a conversion to a typical twist grip throttle as found on all motorcycles? If so, how do you like it?
    • By Casey hill
      Need some advice one my 98 Polaris trailboss. So I decided to put a twist throttle one my four wheeler(reason being it was cheaper and Polaris discontinued this throttle assembly) after switching throttles I cannot figure what to do with throttle override system. Any input would be greatly appreciated.thanks 
    • By ghost_pit2001
      i have been looking at twist throtles for my lt230s but dont know the difference and noone seems to know between
      motion pro turbo
      motion pro cr competion
      this one on ebay 380207643654
      thanks for any advice or knowledge
    • Guest martinb
      By Guest martinb
      I am thinking very hard about converting throttle on my 1998 Recon, having many many years of motorcycle riding behind me. Anybody have any comments both adverse or positive, and which kind to buy? thank you. Martin
    • By MiBassman
      I know I can't be the only person that has this problem, so I'm hoping someone else has found a solution. After only about 10 minutes riding on my honda foreman my thumb starts to cramp. After 15 or 20 minutes it's either numb or in pain. In cold weather my thumb is frozen. I did put on a thumb throttle extension and that helped just a little. I've seen some twist grip throttles but am not sure how well they work or which one to get, or how complicated it is to install them. Please give me some direction and advise.
      Thank you,
      Numb Thumb in Michigan