Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

outodoors

carb issues with 91 yfm badger 80

I have a badger 80 that seems to have had water in fuel, the carb is pitted bad, I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement carb cheap or if there is any carbs that i can retro fit since everywhere i look wants $85 for a carb on a $400 quad? Any input is greatly appreciated

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Early 2000s Polaris Trail Boss 325 4 Stroke Fuel Issue

I wanted to ask this question before I pull this thing apart and dig into the carb. Very seldom used for a couple years but took it out the other day and it ran like crap. Blows black smoke on throttle (unburnt fuel) and sound like a multi cylinder engine with a misfire. Won't rev very high on full throttle but seems to be smooth at about 1/3 or less throttle. Choke doesn't seem to do anything and thinking perhaps it's stuck closed. If I turn off the fuel and let it run for a minute It will rev like normal under full throttle until it stalls out from no fuel but as soon as I open the fuel line again it goes right back to running rich/flooding.   Any help or ideas would be great. Trying to avoid tearing it apart and rebuilding the carb but the only thing I can think is the choke is stuck cause with the fuel off it will rev just fin seemingly as it's emptying the float bowl.

By Brian Haley, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 13 replies
    • Truth about cheap top end kits

I have an old 400ex that needs the top end rebuilt, Does anyone have any real life experience with the cheaper ebay or amazon top end kits. I know most will probably say to stay away from them.   I dont have a lot of money into this bike and it isnt worth putting a whole lot into is why i ask.   It doesnt get raced or road hard, my son and i just drive around the fields.  thanks for any help

By afa913, in General ATV Discussion

• 5 replies
    • 2005 Suzuki King Quad 700 - Fan Replacement

The saga of the fan continues. The Pin attempt in the fan shaft failed.  I then moved on to trying to weld the fan hub to the fan shaft.  I took it for a run the weld broke.  Now it was truly F'ed.  To recap the dealer price, they want $400 + CND for a replacement fan assembly. I searched all sorts of after market places and no one carried one.  Ebay had some used ones but they were $120 USD + Conversion rate for something as old as what I have.  I went to Amazon and eventually settled on this.   amazon link   What I found... and was amazed... was that the fan mounted to the Suzuki fan assembly bracket.  I was prepared to manufacture my own mount conversions...  It also came with "Harpoon mounts" (nylon zip tie like things that go straight through the rad.   Anyways it mounted to the original bracket. It fit perfectly.  Cut the electrical plug off replaced it with the Suzuki... all good.  Let the quad heat up, thermo coupler kicked in the fan circuit, polarity was right... all was good....  Fan is under the circuit fuse rating.     so I finally have a solid fan solution.  $34 CND vs $400+ CND

By LMI, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • Yamaha BRUIN 350 Water in tank?

Yamaha BRUIN 350 Quad Hi, think water got into the tank, have managed to drain fuel (not the best experience) and empty the carb of fuel ........ so it starts now and runs however, it cuts out on fuel and won’t restart, it will restart on reserve ?  When I turn it off and back onto fuel, it will start again.  If I take for a short run on fuel it will cut out again and only restart on reserve 😳. Any ideas what else I can check.  Many thanks

By Karen, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 2 replies
    • 1998 kawasaki bayou 220 Fuel Starved

Bought brand new petcock and carbetator, turned air fuel needle out 2 turns and machine still acts like its starving 4 fuel on top end. Any ideas?

By Hayden Pahnke, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 14 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By kringercustoms
      looking for service manual for a 87 225 moto 4
    • By Wonderwoman
      Hello, well back to where I was last year with this carb. Took my 250 to the mountains for the first time this year and blue smoke, too much gas again. I can't believe that this carb gives me this much trouble. Seems like the choke is stuck but the cable moves freely. Anyone else ever experience this issue? Do you think a new choke cable would maybe resolve this?http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/images/smilies/arghh.gif
      OK it was the choke. Put on all new cable and plunger and she is running 100% again. So now the question is, is the carb getting worn out where the plunger needle goes in the small hole and when I use the choke the needle end doesn't get lined back up with the hole?? We'll see how it runs and now that I know what the issue is I can always pull the choke plunger out and reinstall if I start having this issue again.
    • By ut1w7b
      I have a 94 sportsman 400. It sat for several years before i got it. I have cleaned the carb it will start and run for about 5 min then it will flood. I have torn it down and cant see anything wrong. has anyone else ran into this problem any hel would be great.
    • By ej200421
      i was wondering if i could get some help. i been trying to locate where the fuel and air adjustment screws are located on my 95 kodiak 400. i think i found the fuel screw.. i know where the throttle adjuster is but i cant find the air screw. or is there an air adjustment on these carbs?