Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

toonces

Installing a Superwinch Terra 35 on a Grizz 700

Just unboxed the SW and I'm trying to figure out where some of these parts will be installed. For the most part everything seems straight forward but I'm having trouble deciding where these should go...

hood%20parts_zpshxxfoiw9.jpg

Piece on the right is the solenoid (and is maybe called a 'contactor' in some of the utube install videos i've seen) and piece on the left is the circuit breaker. Best advice I've gotten is to install both of these 'under the hood.' Here's mine...

hood_zpsjkqey3lf.jpg

I was hoping to convey a better sense of the space in there but a pic doesn't seem to be doing it really. Anyway the plastic piece that covers all this lies fairly close to the top of everything leaving not a lot of extra room.

There's a slim chance I can find a solid piece of something in there to mount the smaller circuit breaker piece to, but far as the larger solenoid piece goes there's only one place I can possibly see it going, and that's in this hole here that goes back just behind the battery...

hole_zpsibozheab.jpg

But because it's going back in there so far there's no way of securing it to anything. Best idea would be to get everything generally in place and installed wire wise, then wrap the solenoid in layers of thin sheet styrofoam like material I've seen in packing materials. Wrap as much as possible and slide back into the hole for a snug fit. And if a solid mounting option under the hood doesn't present itself for the smaller circuit breaker piece I suppose it could be installed the same way. Don't like the idea of things shaking around in there but as long as there's no problem with the solenoid wires touching the styrofoam wrap I figure I can just keep a close watch on how the wrapping is wearing and replace when needed.

Now onto where to mount the remote plug-in socket...

remote_zpsgacjztw1.jpg

Any suggestions?

And last I need to identify a switched power wire somewhere under the hood on the old '11 700 Grizz to hook into. Can I get a good description of this wire or maybe a picture to be sure? Install manual says to use a wire coming from the 'vehicle ignition key switch.'

review...

1) Any alternative suggestions as to where to mount the solenoid or ideas on wrapping it up and mounting it in the hold?

2) Ideas on where to install the remote winch plug in port?

3) Idea where to tap into a switched power line under the hood? Picture would be helpful.

Edited by toonces

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 1999 KLF220A - Parts search

As I am new to the world of Kawasaki ATV's, I was wondering if anyone could make a few recommendations where I can find some parts. For sure I will need 4 tires, a wiring harness, an ignition switch, a battery, maybe a carb, the little hose from air box to carb,  the front cover above the main fenders (cowl cover?) and of course the standard spark plugs and filters. Oh and URRRGGGHH on this, a whole bunch of nuts bolts and screws. The arsehat that removed various panels, lost most of the screws and bolts.  For an OCD'er like me that drives me bonkers. Thanks for any help. Oh and yes I am trying the search tool, though it seems to not be forum specific? However, I also need post counts that are not spam. Max

By SirMaxwell, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 6 replies
    • Best/ Cheapest site/ place to get parts

I live in north Phoenix, Arizona. I just recently got a 1987 moto 4, YFM350ERT. Where would be a cheap place or website to get parts? I know I will need a few things. I'm looking into finding a manual for it so I can get right stuff but that seems to be difficult. thanks

By William Waterworth, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 7 replies
    • Polaris Online Parts Catalog

Here is the Polaris online parts catalog, looks like you need to register with then first. I haven't used it since I'm not a Polaris owner and don't need any parts right now... http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

By Ajmboy, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 7 replies
    • 02 Arctic Cat 500 ATV no forward or reverse

Hi all, new to the site but like what I see. I have a 2002 Arctic Cat 500 automatic ATV that has no forward or reverse. I have tried 2wd and 4wd and to no avail. I took the belt cover off and observed that the belt is good and the clutch is operational with acceleration. Am i looking at transmission problems here ? Any advise or help to figure this out before ripping and tearing things apart would be greatly appreciated.

By [email protected], in Arctic Cat ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • Used OEM parts available by MPN

Used ATV parts available from Resurgence Small Engine Inc. All parts have been identified by manufacturer's part number, photographed, and listed on our website. Our used OEM parts are available for up to 60% off dealership prices. This way you can maintain your machine with well-made OEM parts at a more affordable price! Compatibility can be confusing, but we’ve simplified it for you. Browse our current parts inventory by type, make, year, & model or search by OEM part number. We make the logistics easy with our Free Shipping Promotion on US orders over $100! Visit our website to view our current inventory:
      https://resurgencesmallengine.com/parts/ Parts are located at Resurgence Small Engine Inc. in Wasilla, AK. Free local pick-up is available and our website is configured for domestic US shipping. For international orders, please contact us. More parts & models to be listed continuously! As of August 2018, parts are available for the following ATV models: Parts are listed for many models, currently including: Kawasaki 2003 KFX400 Polaris 2010 Ranger 500 4x4 HO EFI Suzuki Quadrunner 250 LT4WD 250 LTF250 500 LTF500F King Quad 250 LTF4WDX 300 LTF4WDX 450 Quadmaster 500 LTA500F 4x4 Eiger 400 2x4 400 4x4 Ozark 250 LT250 Vinson 500 LTA50F Yamaha Banshee 350 Big Bear 350 Raptor 350 Warrior 350 Wolverine 350 More parts & models will be added continuously! Resurgence Small Engine Inc.

By Resurgence Small Engine Inc., in ATV For Sale? Post it here.

• 4 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LMI
      The saga of the fan continues.
      The Pin attempt in the fan shaft failed.  I then moved on to trying to weld the fan hub to the fan shaft.  I took it for a run the weld broke.  Now it was truly F'ed.  To recap the dealer price, they want $400 + CND for a replacement fan assembly.
      I searched all sorts of after market places and no one carried one.  Ebay had some used ones but they were $120 USD + Conversion rate for something as old as what I have.  I went to Amazon and eventually settled on this.

amazon link

What I found... and was amazed... was that the fan mounted to the Suzuki fan assembly bracket.  I was prepared to manufacture my own mount conversions...  It also came with "Harpoon mounts" (nylon zip tie like things that go straight through the rad.   Anyways it mounted to the original bracket. It fit perfectly.  Cut the electrical plug off replaced it with the Suzuki... all good.  Let the quad heat up, thermo coupler kicked in the fan circuit, polarity was right... all was good....  Fan is under the circuit fuse rating.  

so I finally have a solid fan solution.  $34 CND vs $400+ CND
    • By John Miele
      View File 2004 Sportsman 600 700 Service Manual
      This is a Polaris service manual for a 2004 Sportsman 600/700
      Submitter John Miele Submitted 08/31/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By John Miele
      This is a Polaris service manual for a 2004 Sportsman 600/700
    • By flyinbrian365
      View File 2009-2012 Honda MUV 700 Big Red 700 Service Manual
      2009-12 Honda MUV 700 Big Red 700 Service Manual
      Submitter flyinbrian365 Submitted 08/28/2018 Category Honda UTV  
    • By flyinbrian365