Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Installing a Superwinch Terra 35 on a Grizz 700

toonces

Just unboxed the SW and I'm trying to figure out where some of these parts will be installed. For the most part everything seems straight forward but I'm having trouble deciding where these should go...

hood%20parts_zpshxxfoiw9.jpg

Piece on the right is the solenoid (and is maybe called a 'contactor' in some of the utube install videos i've seen) and piece on the left is the circuit breaker. Best advice I've gotten is to install both of these 'under the hood.' Here's mine...

hood_zpsjkqey3lf.jpg

I was hoping to convey a better sense of the space in there but a pic doesn't seem to be doing it really. Anyway the plastic piece that covers all this lies fairly close to the top of everything leaving not a lot of extra room.

There's a slim chance I can find a solid piece of something in there to mount the smaller circuit breaker piece to, but far as the larger solenoid piece goes there's only one place I can possibly see it going, and that's in this hole here that goes back just behind the battery...

hole_zpsibozheab.jpg

But because it's going back in there so far there's no way of securing it to anything. Best idea would be to get everything generally in place and installed wire wise, then wrap the solenoid in layers of thin sheet styrofoam like material I've seen in packing materials. Wrap as much as possible and slide back into the hole for a snug fit. And if a solid mounting option under the hood doesn't present itself for the smaller circuit breaker piece I suppose it could be installed the same way. Don't like the idea of things shaking around in there but as long as there's no problem with the solenoid wires touching the styrofoam wrap I figure I can just keep a close watch on how the wrapping is wearing and replace when needed.

Now onto where to mount the remote plug-in socket...

remote_zpsgacjztw1.jpg

Any suggestions?

And last I need to identify a switched power wire somewhere under the hood on the old '11 700 Grizz to hook into. Can I get a good description of this wire or maybe a picture to be sure? Install manual says to use a wire coming from the 'vehicle ignition key switch.'

review...

1) Any alternative suggestions as to where to mount the solenoid or ideas on wrapping it up and mounting it in the hold?

2) Ideas on where to install the remote winch plug in port?

3) Idea where to tap into a switched power line under the hood? Picture would be helpful.

Edited by toonces