Quantcast

WORCS Final

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By data89
      Arctic Cat 500LE green 2005. It lugs going up steep hills (of which there are a lot here in Panama). Sounds like it's not getting enough gas. Puts me at about 20KPH going uphill.
      I Can't figure it out, I've had this problem for a couple of years now. There were times it went away, but now it's lugging uphill again. I have a new fuel pump, all new gas, air, vacuum lines, I cleaned the carburetor for the 2nd time, tried adjusting the air setting on the carb, now back to 2 1/4 turns out (never seems to make a difference changing it a 1/8 turn at a time).
      It runs great on level or slight hill, and fantastic downhill. I'm thinking it's something in the gas tank, but if a slope causes something to clog the filter, why not downhill also? I've had this Cat for 8 years now, and it ran fantastic the first 5 or 6 years. I put what was supposed to be bad gas in (after the fact) at about that time and have had problems ever since. It's a lot of work to get at the tank, so I've put it off, trying to solve the problem in more obvious ways.
      Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.
      Larry
    • By data89
      I don't have any lack of power on short hills, but when I get a long uphill road the ATV will slow way down to about 30KPH. If I work the throttle to give it more gas it just gets worse. Then if I let up on the throttle it runs better, but of course slows down even more. Am I looking at a carb problem, or what? I tried getting at the air screw, but can barely get a screwdriver in it and then can't adjust...won't turn at all. I cannot find a fuel adjustment screw anywhere I can see on the carb, and the manual does not show one. My plug is burning black, wouldn't that be too much fuel, and how do I correct that? It may be that the engine is flooding when I go uphill and throttle up.
    • By Alanvan69
      If my son goes up a hill this things seems to bog down and wont rev up. If i power brake it its will spin the wheels and start to dig a trench then loses power for a second or 2 then regains it etc. I would think it would keep at the power band or maybe not. I took off the pipe and ran it straight for a few minutes to test exhaust and it behaved basically the same. On a flat or semi flat it will do almost 32 and hold there forever but again go to the bottom of a hill on a logging road and start out not reved up it just wont rev up at all can damm near walk as fast up the hill. What should I be checking for?
    • By Gunny
      Did a little ride today .... took the same route I did last week & the snow drift that was blocking the road had melted enough a guy could get by. :drivingc:
      There's lots of snow up high & I didn't know if I was gonna be able to make the loop ... but I was able to get thru or around all the drifts & downed trees ..... 64 miles today ... and WHAT A BLAST !!! :cheer:
      And I'm not sure .... but I think there was more skeeters today than there was last week ... HOLY MOLY !!! :willy_nillyc:
      There was a freak'in 4-seater Polaris SXS in front of me some place (I saw him at my lunch break) & he really tore this one drift up .... and it was raining too, so that didn't help ..... but my right rear tire just plowed into the drift instead of going over .... SO I GOT TO USE MY WINCH !!! :coolgleamAc:
      Here's some photo's of todays fun time .... and I'm head'in out again Thursday ... man, being retired is tough !!! :seeyac:

Look at them purdy skid plate !! :woot:

• By DrtyGrlKristin
      Yep, we went to the sand dunes and it snowed like 6 or more inches the night we got there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      So, we pretty much had the snow dunes all to ourselves aside from a few hunters!!! It was a great time!! :yes: Joe is a tall dood!!!