Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 1994 yamaha kodiak 400

So my sister gave me her old four wheeler for my boys.  I have put new car on it among other things but I cant figure out why the cooling fan isn't working.  I took it off and connected straight to the battery and it works fine, but when I put it back in the bike  it wont work.  Im sure its electrical is there an easy way to check that.  

By Lennyb, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 1 reply
    • Kodiak 400 4x4 wiring problem

Hello All,
      I am looking for any help or suggestion that I might be able to get on how to wire a '04 Kodiak 400 4x4 motor into a Coleman Outfitters / Hisun 400 4x4 Utv. This machine had the Kodiak motor installed and was running until someone stripped the wiring to install new harness. They destroyed the old harness so it of little use now. We have a new harness for the Utv and part of the wiring to the Kodiak CDI and Voltage regulator/rectifier is in place. For now I am just trying to find a good diagram of the wiring needed to Power up the motor. Any help with this part of our issue would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to help my son this machine running since he bought into this nightmare.
      Thank you,

By res2fr, in General ATV Discussion

• 6 replies
    • 2018 Kodiak 450 Engine oil

Need some guidance  It's time for the engine 20 hour break in oil / filter replacement Of course Yamaha recommends their Yamalube for my Quad - No way to source it locally - Amazon sure but am wondering if i is really needed  Not very familiar with the Yamaha wet clutch lubrication requirements - would appreciate  some education  My 20year old  Honda with a manual tranny / auto clutch has been using Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic for 15 or more years with no issues      Can I use standard Castrol 10-30w dino oil? in the Yamaha How about Pennzoil Platinum 5-30w Synthetic?  in the Yamaha    Thanks for the help

By KJINTF, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 0 replies
    • kodiak compression issue

I am new to forum, please bare with me. I have a 2000 Kodiak 400 that would not start, found timing had jumped 4 teeth, reset timing 'no luck', checked valve clearance all ok, .04 int / .08 exh, no luck. fire is excellent, did compression check (with gauges) compression is at "0". checked valves again still same. did leak down test found no leaks by intake nor by exhaust nor into crankcase. pulled head and gasket not blown, valves looked good (little carbon) pulled jug checked rings looked good. replaced with new rings, decarboned valves reinstalled top end reset timing and valves, still no compression. can any one please tell me what I am missing? by the way in past 19+ years have done many top ends never had this problem.

By recon, in General ATV Discussion

• 7 replies
    • 400 kodiak starting mystery

2000 kodiak 400 4x4 ultramatic sometimes it will start with the starter and sometimes all I get is a buzzing from the starter solenoid, took it to the shop and he found nothing wrong other than a possible starter relay which he changed, it started and he thought it was fixed so I brought it home, started fine, unloaded and parked it, went back later and same old buzz from the solenoid, did that about three times and started on the fourth, has a new battery, cdi box and starter solenoid but this is driving me batty! 

By Mike56, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 5 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By dirtybear00
      Hello guys. So I am having trouble navigating the forum here. I am looking for an exploded parts view or the service manual for a 2000-2004 Yamaha big bear 400 manual shift. Mine does NOT have a shift lever on front left fender . I took the rear end apart because it was stripped splines and now I can't remember where it all goes. (Seals, bearings, and torque specs. I have a new axle, used diff , need to install wheel bearings and brakes etc .  Really want to get this thing back together asap
    • By Kyboy
      Iam looking for help seperating the rear brake drum and the cover. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate
    • By chuckcnm
      Hi, just picked up a MOTO 4 YFM255 and want to replace the rear brake pads. How do I get to the back. Guessing I need to remove the brake disk, question any easy way to do this?
      Thanks
    • By arvellaspoon
      When I push down on the rear brake pedal, it makes the left hand brake very sloppy. Is there a way to adjust that? I have a 2007 Suzuki Vinson
    • By pizzaman_288
      How hard is it to change the outer seals on the rear differential mine are leaking fluid and I have no idea on how to change them out any help would be great thanks