Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ron755

tail light problems

On my 2003 Arctic Cat 250,   with the headlights on, I have no tail light /no stop light.

with headlights off, I have brake lights, no tail lights. Where should I start looking for my problem?

Edited by ron755
double checked

Start by  checking the  ground wires  for the tail  lights. I would suspect  there is corrosion preventing a proper ground. The  tail  lights  are feeding  back through the common power  wire connecting headlight and tail light .. When  headlights are on  that  circuit is powered so it cannot  act as a  ground.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. My tail light was  rusted  inside,and was not getting a ground. Rusted so bad, I'm going to have to replace the whole thing. Thanks again.

Edited by ron755
my reply was not complete