how can i get more power out of my quad? i got a 2007 polaris phoenix

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Is it Stock out of the Box???? Without any info on your Machine....Here is what I would do First......Weight=Power Loss........Personally I would Cut one Wheel off the Front and go from there....:eek: That should save you about 80 LBS.....

Your bike Dry is 395....For Giggles I figure the Weight of you and your machine WET is 500 Pounds.... Which is on the light side.....I also figure your bike is putting out around 20 HP....

Your Power:Weight Ratio is 1 : 25

This means that for every 25 pounds of weight on your vehicle, you have 1 horsepower. So for every 25 pounds of weight you remove from your vehicle, you will feel the effects of an additional 1 horsepower, although your actual peak horsepower will not change.

Keep in mind that with every pound you take off, your power to weight ratio changes, so you will have to re-calculate each time you remove weight.

In my HUMBLE opinion......The bike isnt Worth the money to upgrade....Its a Beginners Ride(Nothing wrong with that!!!) The best money you can spend for an upgrade would be when you get better at Riding it ,,,, Move on to a bigger Quad....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ladykingquad
      I need some advice on my 700 kingquad. I recently went out into some deep water (not sure if this is the issue or not) I did not submerge past the seat all the way, however I did wheelie out of it with the back end submerged for 5 seconds. I realized after I did this that you could hear the engine going up in rpm's but there was no power to the wheels after a point. You could only hear the whailing of the engine. Could someone lead me in the right direction... basic knowledge would be to check air filter, belt housing for water, spark plug. Otherwise I am at a loss. Thanks in advance!
    • By OutlawGade
      [/ame]A 2014 compilation of the Renegade using some of its potential
    • By mb1968
      Went to my local parts store to check and see if they had a replacement iridiumix plug made NGK for 2012 Bruteforce 300 4X2. They found me one and had it there the next morning. I did'nt really need to change the plug, i just have them installed in my car and noticed power, gas mileage, and a crispier throttle response. Well installed it in the machine, it really made a noticeable throttle response, and my mid-range power has greatly improved. And if u have a 2012 Bruteforce 300 4X2 i would strongly advise you to buy this plug. Here's the Part Number from the box came in DPR7EIX-9 7803
    • By Thayer40
      Do you think a King Quad 300 would have enough power to move a set of tracks in low all the time?
    • By caseyhall646
      Hey so I just bought an 01 raptor 660r 46.4 hours on the bike.
      Anyways I road it a year ago and it has been sitting since then so I bought it from dads friend anyways
      I changed the oil oil filter new gas and some sta bil. Anyways it feels like it has no power from what it had when I last rode it. It will get up and go but it just doesn't have the torque I remember it having.. any suggestions