Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Is it Stock out of the Box???? Without any info on your Machine....Here is what I would do First......Weight=Power Loss........Personally I would Cut one Wheel off the Front and go from there....:eek: That should save you about 80 LBS.....

Your bike Dry is 395....For Giggles I figure the Weight of you and your machine WET is 500 Pounds.... Which is on the light side.....I also figure your bike is putting out around 20 HP....

Your Power:Weight Ratio is 1 : 25

This means that for every 25 pounds of weight on your vehicle, you have 1 horsepower. So for every 25 pounds of weight you remove from your vehicle, you will feel the effects of an additional 1 horsepower, although your actual peak horsepower will not change.

Keep in mind that with every pound you take off, your power to weight ratio changes, so you will have to re-calculate each time you remove weight.

In my HUMBLE opinion......The bike isnt Worth the money to upgrade....Its a Beginners Ride(Nothing wrong with that!!!) The best money you can spend for an upgrade would be when you get better at Riding it ,,,, Move on to a bigger Quad....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By bren7176
      Doeas any have the actual electrical diagram for the distirbution block  for this atv > I had a few wire not worky worky so needed to replace ends plus dam thiing is dirty so needs to clean all the contacts ..
      Want to make shure I get eveything back in right place .... I have the repair manual but as we know it no help really .....

Brendan
    • By Ahren Longo
      Yeah I know its been a while since I've been on but, I've recently aquired a 2005 Polaris ATP 500. As ya'll well know I'm sure that these things are notorious for faulty ECMs and they are made of unobtanium. I got this one from my brother. I've unpotted the old ECM and tested the components and have concluded that they don't flow the board properly from the factory so that's why they crap out.  I've also done some research and found that if you take the harness and Stator and flywheel from a 2004 its basically a plug & play application and it eliminates the need for the ECM. Why the heck they put it in anyways is beyond me. I'm going to devise a way to make a plug & play adapter harness that eliminates the need for the ECM and restores the wheeler to use. Has anyone tried this before and had any luck? I've been trying to locate a wiring diagrams online so I can compare the 2004 to the 2005 but they're pretty hard to find.
    • By Hunter19
      How are you doing guys I just joined I have a 1998 Suzuki King quad I’m having problems with high RPMs the ATV idols perfectly but soon as a throttle up it doesn’t stall but it just bogs down it has no power any suggestions thanks
    • By smitht18
      Looking for the rectifier.  Most bikes have near magneto.  It appears the KQ has it in front.
      Can someone tell me exactly where it is? 
      Bike not charging and magneto checks out ok
    • By Bryzan3
      Looking for advice on what to try next I bought this quad and it’s has spark and fuel but won’t stay running only fires when I hold the starter button in even when spraying gas into the carb it still dies right away oil was milky white so I was thinking it maybe went under water 150 psi compression so I might be wrong but not a head gasket I am stuck Cause it should stay running with the straight gas through the carb so what should I try 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Brent Mason
      I have worked about 4 weeks on my Griz600 and have burnt 2 CDIs up ! I added a wire harness and stator and It starts but runs erratically like spark timing is off ! So I would like to try another CDI but I don’t want to Pay an arm n leg ! Anybody have one ? Thanks 
    • By Brent Mason
      I have been trying to get my Griz600 running right for 3 weeks ! Grandsons used it and it quit running , no spark ! New stator etc and started but ran terrible ! Found a burnt capacitor on cdi . Installed used cdi and burnt it also but ran same as other cdi . Came to conclusion wire harness had short so stripped it and found some bad spots fixed and another cdi ran terrible again ! Bought another harness and same rough running ! Checked spark timing with light (put tdc mark on case and on pull start hub) and when it starts timing right on but will jump 25+° retard ! When timing is on tdc marks it has no power ! The stator is new but I am wondering if the pickup coil is triggering incorrectly ? Also had top end apart when I first started having trouble and although rings were good I installed new rings . Also new timing chain and check the valves , they were good also . It kind of seems to boil down to the last stator I installed new ? I have done trouble shooting on quite a few cars , trucks , dirt bikes and ATVs but this is frustrating me ! Just wondering if anyone has any ideas ? Carb was new last yr and I checked it ! I
      IMG_4379.MOV
    • By Brent Mason
      IMG_4272.MOV Originally had my griz600 stop running and then wouldn’t start ! After testing all coils , valve lash , compression (115psi) and all tested ok I bought a used cdi . After cdi install it still wouldn’t start (no spark) ! So even though the stator , pulse/trigger and charge coils check within good range I decided to switch the stator etc ! It started but It is very unresponsive on throttle and acts like it is running in 2 Different spark timing ! With slight throttle it will take off good but instantly go into a very different running mode with no power like timing very retarded but it will switch back to running good for short period then bad again !  Since I replaced the stator and it started I then decided to install the cdi I replaced and it did the same thing ! Also I noticed the Used cdi I Took off had a capacitor that had swelled and extruded from the back of the cdi . I had always heard and I believed that when these CDIs go bad they machine will quit and will not run . Is that true ? I also checked the cam/valve timing and its ok ! Checked with timing light and it does fluctuate on idle ! I am thinking I have 2 bad CDIs . I also switched the trigger Coil wires and would not start then . Man , this thing ran good before and I am confused ! Video below may help !
      IMG_4272.MOV
    • By Bobby Kitchens Jr.
      New arctic cat owner, I've read alot on the gauge issues, but let me say I have power, good ground, the aux also has power, the memory has correct voltage but no output of any kind. Only the LCD color works. I have also fully removed EVERYTHING and cleaned it all... what I still possibly have a cut wire knowing that I have good power to the back of the plug and good ground to the back of the plug but no outputs of any kind?
    • By ladykingquad
      I need some advice on my 700 kingquad. I recently went out into some deep water (not sure if this is the issue or not) I did not submerge past the seat all the way, however I did wheelie out of it with the back end submerged for 5 seconds. I realized after I did this that you could hear the engine going up in rpm's but there was no power to the wheels after a point. You could only hear the whailing of the engine. Could someone lead me in the right direction... basic knowledge would be to check air filter, belt housing for water, spark plug. Otherwise I am at a loss. Thanks in advance!