Quantcast

2008 Suzuki King Quad 750 Hours No Display

Kvg20

New to Suzuki and bought my 750 a few months back. Display was foggy so I ordered a new one. When I installed the new one everything worked except the hours. Instead of miles and hours reading 0. My hours read like this -------.-

I put 13 miles on first display sent. Still no change on my hours display. I contacted bike bandit where I bought it and they sent me another one. Same thing, 9 miles but no hour display other then -------.-  I plug my old display in and everything works fine. I register hours and mileage. My Suzuki dealer is even stumped. Part numbers are correct. I just can't image I was sent 2 new displays that are doing this. Any help would be appreciated. 

20180109_175019.jpg

As far as my service wrighter at the dealership says. He spoke with the mechanics and there is no procedure on installing a new display. Other then just plugging it in. I've also read the service manual I have and there's no section other then how to replace the display. Bacially plug and play. Hes waiting to hear back from Suzuki themselves to see if they ran into this or is a known problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm not 100% sure, but you may want to contact another suzuki dealer, specifically the parts department and ask if they need to program anything. Maybe hours don't come up for a reason unless programmed by a dealer. Just guessing though.
Also every other dealership I've called. Wants me to bring it in and charge me. No diagnostic over the phone....

• Ajmboy changed the title to 2008 Suzuki King Quad 750 Hours No Display

I changed your topic title a bit to add the issue and full ATV info so hopefully you'll get some better answers as people search here and on the web. It's odd because if there was an issue, it would usually show Err or something like that. How many hours were you riding when you did the 9 and 13 miles? 

I changed your topic title a bit to add the issue and full ATV info so hopefully you'll get some better answers as people search here and on the web. It's odd because if there was an issue, it would usually show Err or something like that. How many hours were you riding when you did the 9 and 13 miles? 
I'd say 2 to 3 hours first 13. 1 to 1.5h the second one at 9 miles