Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Fox300exchic

Las Vegas, NV

4 posts in this topic

This is out near Vegas Valley and Hollywood. People have been riding there for awhile now but they have been building stuff out there and I didnt really know what it was till recently. This is some information that I have found about it so far. The link included is a map of the area and what they plan to do.

Sunrise Trailhead

The trailhead is a vital staging area for motorized and non-motorized trail users near the County Wetlands Park and the Sunrise Management Area. This trailhead also provides linkages to the River Mountains Loop Trail, Rainbow Gardens Trails, and the Flamingo Arroyo Trail. Construction is set to begin in late February and the trailhead should be ready for trail users by late Fall 2006

http://www.co.clark.nv.us/daqem/epd/trails/trails_projects.html

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

This is about the Sunrise Trailhead that was being built. There has been a riding area near Sunrise Mt. called the Swamps. Its been there for about 20-25 years. They recently built an area there that has bathrooms and different stuff for the people that go out there. Well, now they're saying that we can't ride there and the park people that built the stuff out there wasnt suppose to. So the BLM Rangers are starting to give people tickets. My husband and I are trying to get people together so we can contact the county commissioners to have a meeting about it. The only legal place to ride in the valley right now is Apex. Well, not everyone likes or wants to ride there. We need to get as many people together as we can. If your interested in helping us please send me a message and let me know. WE WANT OUR RIDING AREA BACK!!!!

Sorry to hear this......What is their Reasoning behind the Closure???? The Quickest way that I have found to Deal with issues like this is Start a petition at EVERY ATV Dealer in your Area and the Surrounding Area's....Everyone that has anything to do with ATV's will be in there at some point...They will see it and Sign it.... It is also Advantageous for the Dealers to get involved....If there is no where to ride they will lose Sales..... Hope this helps.....:cool:

Well, from what the rangers say its because of a dust law. Quality Air Control is cracking down. Funny huh? Cuz we live in a desert so its nothing but dirt! :confused: I didnt think about the petition thing. Thats a really good idea. Thanks.