Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mike knox

1997 Kawasaki Lakota 300 won’t run after warmed up

Put a lot of new parts on this and still won’t run more than 15:00 minutes. Will start right back up after it cools. Anyone have any ideas. New coil , new top end, new stator, new carb , new rectifier. Timing is on , valves adjusted right. Runs great for 15:00 minutes then when warm quits and won’t run till cooled.  Getting frustrated with it.

Check your choke operation.

Edited long topic title to 1997 Kawasaki Lakota 300 won’t run after warmed up 😀

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JustRandy
      After looking at the wire diagram I saw the blue w/black stripe wire is coming from the neutral and reverse lights looking for ground thru the neutral and reverse switches. If it finds ground, the lights come on. The same wire also comes from the neutral relay looking for ground at the same neutral and reverse switches. So it was easy to trick the relay into thinking the engine is in neutral all the time without having the light on all the time. Just cut the blue w/black wire at the relay and ground it. Easy
      Sorry the pics aren't better

Now it starts in any gear and indicator lights work as they should.
    • By Outkast7222
      Had a spark-plug break off, had to pull the head to get it extracted. Where the heck is the timing mark on the crank? Do I need to pull the stator or flywheel to find it? When I pulled the head I had the mark on the cam lined up pretty good but I cant remember if it was perfect and don't want to reassemble a tooth off and have to go back through the bear of pulling this thing back apart.
      Thanks guys!
    • By Dskip160
      Hey there! New guy here! So I bought an 87 250. I turn the key and it has ignition light. I press run and the engine turns over. Guy I bought it from said the carbs may need cleaning, I worked them good cleaned and blown out. I reinstalled the carb and still doing the same thing. It’s getting fuel, the battery is brand new and charged I’m lost here!( purchased a new carb on its way) anyone have any ideas

• By Trent Finnessey
      So I’ve got a 2000 Honda 400ex absolutely love it!! I’ve had it for about a month, I ride with bruteforce 750’s, outlander 850’s and 1000 sxs’s and I was thinking of getting a trx450r carb and a full hmf exhaust. And probably doing the air box mod too, how much power would this give my 400? Just a little different or a big difference? Cuz if it’s not much of a different I’ll just stick with my dg slip on..... thanks!
    • By Mike Iadonixi
      Hi guys need help getting a part for my son's 2000 trail boss its a mount lower caliper axle they seem to be discontinued any ideas thank you 
      Mike
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By tnhomestead
      Okay have an old lakota, died while riding several years back ( early 1500s or so!). Just trying to revive the dead again, recoil starter seems dead.  Hooked a car battery up half arsed and it did turn over although sloooowwwwwwllllllllyyyyyyyy! When it died thought there was no spark. So any ideas on best steps to try and start finding the problems? Put some penetrating oil in cylinder to help loosen it up. 
    • By Maxx
      Hello Guys!
      Dumb question. How much oil registers on the oil level gauge while running? The oil level reads correct when off, but while running I can only see just a little bit in the oil level gauge. Makes wonder if the oil isn't circulating well enough.
      Also, whats your preference in battery brands for ATV's (standard or AGM). We don't ride it all that often.
      Thanks in advance for any info.
    • By Maxx
      Hey Guys!
      Can anyone out there possibly provide the torque specs and sequence for the gear case/ clutch cover. Need to replace a leaky gasket. Thanks in advance for info.
    • By 87tecate4
      View File Lakota KEF-300 Service Manual 1995-2004
      Kawasaki Lakota 1994-2004 Service Manual
      Submitter 87tecate4 Submitted 07/10/2018 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By 87tecate4
      Kawasaki Lakota 1994-2004 Service Manual