Quantcast

My old pig

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By adr94
      Hey,
      I am new to quads and I'd like to know more and be able to repair my BRUIN as much as I can.
      I bought a cheap YAMAHA because I know there is parts on the market and they can be repaired. 
      I hope I will learn a lot of things in this journey.
    • By fishhouse3
      FOR SALE: 2021 CFMOTO ZForce 800 Trail with many extras and full warranty until 2027. Only 625 miles and 50 hours of use.
      In great condition, has a clean title and one adult owner. Has had all scheduled regular maintenance and has not been abused. Only used about six times on weekend trips to Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV.
      Under full CFMOTO Care bumper-to-bumper extended warranty until 8/2027 (paid $1,600). Full service and tune up just completed with new clutch, drive shaft, belt, rollers, etc (paid $1500). Plus it comes with over $3,500 in upgrades and accessories! Way too many included items to list here (see last pics for full details).
      This machine is ready to go and needs nothing - just hop in and hit the trails!  I have over $20k invested in this machine. Priced VERY fair to sell quick at less than half that!!!
      $9,999 WITHOUT warranty -OR- $10,999 WITH full extended warranty until 8/2027.
      Located in Chesterfield, VA 23832. Message me for more pics and info!

• By DaveCargill68
      Looking to get my kids started, eldest is 8 and youngest 4, think it makes sense to hook them up with ATVs already? Or wait a few more years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By redhosser
      Got a 1997 Honda 300ex came to me in pieces everything was there I put it back together with a manual. But now it won’t shift, when u try to move shifter it’s like a half click no engagement. I’ve took it apart many times can’t find nothing wrong really need some help. Thanks
    • By Jd101506
      Hi all!  
      I've got a 1988 LT4WD that I am working on.  It sat for almost two decades in a shed, so I replaced both the carb and the fuel pump (Pump was rusty, carb was ok, but had a pin hole in the bowl itself?).  Now, I went el cheapo and I replaced BOTH with Chinese aftermarket Carb and Fuel pump.  Now is where it gets confusing:
      So I did this SAME thing on my other Quad, a 1988 LT300E.  They take the same PN carb, and a similar fuel pump, (One has a 90 degree bend in the vacuum port).  I've been battling the four wheeler a bit with some electrical issues, but I noticed that at idle it runs GREAT when I gravity feed fuel from a burp can into the fuel bowl of the carb... But as soon as I put it on the fuel pump from the tank, it idles EXTREMELY low and smokes a little.  To me, this indicated that the carb itself was running rich.  I adjusted it a little on the LT300e, but I could never seem to get it right, it still will slowly die at idle when warm, but ironically if I CHOKE the motor, it'll start up and run.  I dont know if this is because the RPM increases?  But the quad will run around the yard great at RPM and then die at idle.  
      Now, the LT4WD.  I ended up with a faulty fuel pump for my second (I think the spring isn't seated inside as I can hear one rattling around) so when I installed it it WOULD NOT pump fuel.  So I ended up swapping the LT300 pump onto the LT4WD.  Boom, pumps fuel.  I put it all back together and got my tires on.  I ran it around my yard and it exhibits the SAME symptoms as the LT300e!  It will run around at RPM, but it will not stay running at idle, it drops realllllly low RPM and will start smoking a little as if its running rich.  Again, when I ran it with the fuel pump OFF I didn't have this issue. 
      In my head I'm thinking it would be a mixture screw OR float issue... But the mixture screw doesn't seem to help me on either, and the bowls are not over flowing (I checked both overflow lines).  Is there something I'm missing here thats obvious?  Is there a vacuum line or something I missed? Maybe some configuration or something I missed? I reviewed the manual and nothing stood out to me.  
      Conclusion:  Two different Suzuki fourwheelers, two different carbs (Both are chinese Ebay carbs) that BOTH run well when I mainline fuel from a drip can INTO the bowls, BOTH do not keep idle and seem to run extremely rich as they run great at RPM but slowly die at idle.  Adjustment screws, idle screws be damned.  
      I ended up ordering a new Suzuki OEM fuel pump for ~90$ just to have it and see if it makes a difference.  Any advice here though would be SUPER appreciated!