Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Brantley40

Lakota / Bayou Engine Interchangeability

I bought a '02 Lakota Sport and had a few pieces missing, looks like someone ripped it apart, lost interest and all the parts removed got trashed. Anyhow, not really sure where to start, but there does seem to be more Bayou parts available.

Does anyone have a breakdown of parts (or years) of the bayou that are the same as the Lakota?

Thanks!

lakota.jpg

Looks like I forgot to put enough details....2002 Kawasaki Lakota Sport 300.

lakota_2.jpg

more pics....

lakota_5.jpg

more pics.....

lakota_6.jpg

more pics....

lakota_7.jpg

@Brantley40 like I mentioned in my reply to your other topic, I would look at parts diagrams and my choice would be https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/l/kaw/500b0767f870023ba4c1e7e8/2002-lakota-sport-kef300-b2-parts

If you look up both and start comparing, you may find interchangeable parts 🙂, not sure. I imagine a bayou 300 is similar, but who knows for sure.

Edited by GrizzlyRider

Thanks GrizzlyRider, appreciate your time today. I'll check that link out.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By colt
      Here is what I have collected over the years and maybe it will help someone else.
      There are so many and several are too large to upload as attachments, so see any thing you need just shoot me a PM and your email and I will get them on the way to you as fast as I can.
      Thanks
      50cc to150cc Service Manual For Tank Motorsports.pdf
      linhai-atv-service-manuals-linhai-300-parts-manual.pdf
      1986 CH250 ELITE SERVICE MANUAL.pdf
      Charging and ignition systems for atvs.pdf
      Chinese ATV Frame Diagram.jpg
      Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Clutch Diagram - Exploded Views.jpg
      Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Cylinder Head Diagrams.jpg
      Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Torque Specifications.jpg
      Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Valve Clearances.jpg
      Dinli-501-PARTS-DINONP.pdf
      Dinli-601-Parts2003BEAST-DIAMONDBACKNP.pdf
      Dinli-DL-5015erviceManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-502PartsManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-5025erviceManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-503PartsManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-601,DL-603ServiceManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-603PartsManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-604PartsManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-701PartsManual.pdf
      Dinli-ServiceManual-150ccATV.pdf
      DTE150-2-150cc.pdf
      Eagle ATV Fender Body Parts Exploded Diagram.jpg
      Eagle ATV Rear Axle - Exploded Diagram.jpg
      GY6_150cc_ENGINE_PARTS_157QMJ_.jpg
      GY6_Top_End_Rebuild.pdf
      Leopard-parts.pdf
      Linhai_260servicemanual.pdf
      Odes-400-Repair.pdf
      Piston Ring Installation 4 Stroke Engines.jpg
      Roketa-ATV-10(ATV-DO43)-Repair.pdf
      Roketa-ATV-11(ATV-D037)-Repair.pdf
      SLA-120-PARTS.pdf
      SLGK-110-PARTS.pdf
      SLGK-150R-PARTSMANUAL.pdf
      SLGK-400R-PARTS.pdf
      SLU-500-600-700-PARTS.pdf
      slu700db-700UTV-Service-Manual.pdf
      tao-tao-atv-parts-cylinder-rebuild-kit-for 90cc-100cc-110cc-engines-p-13331.pdf
      Trouble Shooter Guide for BATTERY DRAINED Chinese Engines.txt
      Trouble Shooter Guide for NO-COMPRESSION.txt
      Trouble Shooting No Crank.txt
      Troubleshooting.pdf
      YX125CC BREAKDOWN.pdf
      _________________________________________________________________________________

50 to 150cc GY6 Shop Manual.pdf
      Arrow 150 Engine Service Manual.pdf
      Eton Shop Manual YXT-150.pdf
      GY6 Shop Manual.pdf
      Yerf Dog Spiderbox GX150 Service Manual.pdf
    • By Freezeman
      Well I came on here hoping to read a manual about the quad but found that I have to make some posts before that can happen, so here is one. 
      I work on peoples stuff. Had this well used unit come to me with a no start issue. I found it had fuel  and spark was good but it only had 30 pounds of compression. I put each cylinder to TDC and feed the plug hole with a small amount of air pressure and could hear the escaping air coming out the carb openings. I then checked the valves lash at TDC and found that booth cylinders had 0 lash for the intake valves. I reset the lash to .003 for all the intake valves and reapplied a small amount of air pressure and the leaking of air was gone. I then spent a few hours screwing all the parts I had to take off, back together and then drove it out of the shop.
      The lash was only 1/4- 1/2 a turn too tight that caused the valve to stay open just enough to make it not start. IMO the heads could use an overhaul some time soon as the valves and seats have become a bit warn.
      These ATV's just have too much crap stuffed into a small space, I wounder how many fasteners are used to hold 1 ATV together?
      Later, 
    • By barnz
      hi all i have a klf300 4x4 1999 lost spark i have replaced regulator /rectifier , replaced cdi unit 
      quad turns over but no spark 
      if you have ignition on and hold the wire to coil if you touch it on and off it has a spark each time you touch the wire to the terminal on the coil 
      pulse coil is pulsing 

any ideas please
    • By 06kfx440
      Come on out and ride with us. April 26th to the 28th. Myself and a few friend will be camping and riding.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• By JacobSlabach
      got that 220 I'm 'servicing'..........  well it turned into a guts and oil job....  I cleaned the carb and it wont idle cold, but idles too fast when warm.  also misfires and burns rich cold (white smoke out of the exhaust)  I'm going to order a new carb since the old one is leaking and beat up (some one was tinkering)  I'm wondering about the valve clearance and timing...?  Maybe a factor?   What should the clearance be on the valves?  How should I check the timing on this bike?  (this is a mid 90s bayou 220 2x4)