Quantcast

1994 Timberwolf Single Click, No Start

Hey there,

The short of it: I'm getting a single click when I hit the start, and nothing else.

The long: I'm a new owner to a 94 Timberwolf. I inherited it with the understanding that it needed a battery. It started without the battery when jumped, so I know it does work. I got the appropriate battery, charged it, and its reading 12.7V. Installed it, and all I'm getting is that click. Cleaned the carburetor today and reinstalled under someones advice, but still nothing. I'm gonna take the battery in to autozone to get it checked, and I was going to head to the spark plug next. But like I say, I'm new to this. Thanks for any and all advice.

Welcome to Quadcrazy, sounds like one of two things.   Starter relay or the starter. 

If you can, locate the starter relay.  I attached a pic of what it should look like.

It should be near the battery. The red wire + positive is coming off the battery and going to the relay. From the relay the wire goes to the starter. The relay has two big nuts on top holding the wires on it.  You can take a piece of wire and jump the two wires.  Make sure it’s a good size piece of wire and only do it for a few seconds. 

See if the starter cranks. If so then the relay is most likely bad.  

If not then you can take a tester and put one lead (red) on the wire at the starter. Take the second lead (black) and put it on the negative terminal (black) on the battery. Hit the start button. If you see 12v at the tester that means you have voltage at the starter and need a new starter.  

Hope this helps.  

494394D7-0B79-4BD8-AACF-60A92824000E.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By Its-always-something
      Have a 1998 AC 300 2x4, Just installed a new carburetor. Engine starts easy but the choke RPMs are very hi and take along time (5-10 mins when cold out). After engine has warmed up choke releases and it idles and runs fine., It does no have an electric choke. The choke lever is never used and it seems like an auto choke? Long story short, how can I lower the choke rpm levels?

Also, carb came with a spare145 jet, not 100% sure what is installed. Could this impact choke RPMs?

Any help and information greatly appreciated.
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot:
    • By McG75
      Hello I’m new here and was wondering is anyone knew of good replacement part numbers for front struts and rear shocks for this atv? I think I’ve found a new rear shock, that looks like the original but there is no dimensions or anything and was wondering if there are any afterMarket new front struts available. I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated. 
    • By Suzukiquad
      Hi, I have been around everything with a motor since I was little, and finally purchased more to get my husband, and kids involved. I have 4 quads I will be searching around for information on. I have two 2002 Suzuki LT80K quads, a 1997 Yamaha Timberwolf 250, and a 1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220. I have had different ones throughout the years, and plan on buying another Yamaha Banshee. I plan on trying to learn more about all of them, so I can customize some of them. I know nothing about them besides how to race them, my dad always took care of the rest, but figured it was time for me to learn.