Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

pcumby

King quad 750 Grizzly 700 and Rubicon 520

Hi guys I'm in the market for a new ATV.  I narrowed my choices down to King quad 750 Grizzly 700 and Rubicon 520,  I own a 2006 500 Rubicon right now and I like the reliability and power for plowing.  However it is not a capable ATV.  When quading with other guys it falls short with ride quality and ground clearance.   I also have a 500 King Quad 2015 which I like and will keep it for my wife.  It is very strong and reliable also.  However my plan is to sell my Honda Rubicon and replace it with a 2020 of one of the these mentioned above.  Can anyone give me their take on one or all of these machines and why you picked what you picked?

I have had a string of Grizzlys, starting with a used 660 back in about 2006.  I then had a new 700, then another and another and another.  I have found them very reliable.  Older 700s seemed to have very weak CVs, which wore out quickly rather than breaking.  I also seemed to go through a lot of wheel bearings.   I never felt the 700s were as well made as the 660s - thinner plastics etc.. The last Grizzly I had was a late 2015 Twin-Cam model which seemed to have had the CV and bearing issues resolved.  I know the CVs were bigger.  I think they stopped the twin-cam engine and went back to the original 700, though I do not know why.  I now have a Polaris Sportsman 1000XP, which feels less well made than the Yamahas but is much more powerful, smoother and seems to ride much better over rough ground.  I only changed as I wanted an EU homologated (road use) quad and Yamaha don't sell one.

Good luck

Chris

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.