Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Jteam

Honda Rubicon ECM wiring help

Hello from NC ladies and gents. Been lurking here off and on and don't think I have ever posted up.

I have a 2009 Honda Rubicon. I was having a shifting problem with the Hondamatic. Determined it to be a loose connection on the gray 21 pin connector at the control unit (ECM/PCM). I located a source for the connector and replaced it. This improved the connectors feel greatly, HOWEVER, even though I thought I was careful transferring the wires/pins from the old connector to the new connector, I must have crossed up a couple wires because now the gear position display (switch is new) no longer works. It worked fine before the connector change.

No matter where I have looked, I cannot find a "pin out" for the ECM connectors. The factory service manual does not show it and I have a connection at a dealer and their service techs don't have the pin out either! I was a Chrysler/Plymouth/ Dodge tech in another life and cant imagine th factory not providing pin out diagrams for diagnostics!

I am at a loss unless I either replace the harness, OR find someone that can take multiple photos of the wires going into the gray connector so I can compare mine.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I will also post up the location I found the connectors if that is allowed, since it seems that they fail with some age.

connector source:

Motorcycle Connectors

We have Vintage and modern Sport-bike Motorcycle Wiring Harness electrical Connectors, These connectors are purchase directly from the manufacturer, And in many cases the OEM Supplier, The terminals and connectors are superior quality. Most are Manufactured in the, Japan, USA or Europe. Bullet...
www.cycleterminal.com

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.