Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

2004 Suzuki 700 twin peaks noise

2004 700 twin peaks 

When i get to about 10 mph i get a very (tinny ) noise from the right side of the engine / clutch area.

originally I thought maybe something got caught between axle and skid plate ie : rock and was just rubbing producing that sound.

I took off the skid plate and drove it and still had same sound.

Checked the lug nots and they were a bit loose , tightened them and still same noise.

Took off the what looks like an inspection plate on top of clutch cover and looked inside this apart and it is dry of any fluid.

Not sure if there should be any fluid in there or not had clutch replaced 2 yrs ago with nominal riding since.

I do not have the time or knowledge to take this apart and try and diagnose. The only repair areas around here are absolutely terrible.

The shop I normally do the work are 2.5- 3 mos. behind. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank, you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Jeff Miller
      I'm trying to troubleshoot a starting issue. For a while, maybe a year sometimes I would hit the starter button and I'd hear a single loud click, but the starter wouldn't turn. Usually if I could pull the pull start or roll it in gear it would then start. (now I'm thinking that was coincidence) Now it only clicks. I tried to check what I could, battery is good, solenoid clicks strong, cleaned all connections (which were 80% clean anyway). I started thinking the starter wasn't spinning. I pulled it and it spins freely. The gear that it contacts in the engine-I can wiggle it maybe 1/16th to 1/8th inch back and forth. When I reinstall the starter I feel it jerk when I hit the button. I'm thinking maybe it's the starter clutch? It seems when there's a problem with them they usually just spin freely and don't engage at all. Is it possibly something is causing it to lock? I'm a bit lost now.