Quantcast

Suzuki 2003 Ltf 250

BOHUNTER

I have a 2003 Suzuki Ltf 250 and the plug fouls after a  time and has to be replaced .

Does anyone have any ideas on what to look for,  I've had it to a quad mechanic and he can't find the source of the problem and as I'm rural remote  it's a big effort to get it to a major city Suzuki dealer that probably won't be able to find the source either. 

Hi Russell, firstly thanks for responding. The mechanic just replaced the needle and seat and pilot jet, he's got 20 years of quad experience behind him and he seems to think it could be electrical, but as I'm no mechanic and pushing 70 years old I thought I'd submit my question to the forum in case anyone else has come across this problem...

BTW, it was actually the quad mechanic who found the problem after he took it for a good long run after the carby repair, I do lots of small stop start runs and can't really tell you how long it takes for the plug to foul up,just that it does.

The only way it could be electrical is if it were dropping spark or the spark plug is too low of a heat range. Restricted airflow, incorrect jets, or incorrect float height are much more common problems. I've also seen people run premium gas in engine without enough compression to fully burn the fuel and will build carbon on the valves and foul spark plugs. Yours would be an example of one that shouldn't run premium. Just my thoughts

Thanks again Russ,I will check these things you've mentioned, starting with the spark plug etc, I don't use premium gas, I usually just run E10 as its the cheapest, but I might try 91 and see if there's any difference, we also have 95 and then Premium  which I think is 98, but it's 20cents a litre dearer than E10,not all things like E10 so it could be the fuel.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Mhatayas
      What should I do about this , bad oil leak where the filter cover bolts on . Can I use some gasket maker 

• By Mhatayas
      My uncle bought a Baja 250, 2006. Knew there was no spark since the get go. He don't know anything about quads so is getting me to help him try to get it running...

battery is bad so I connected battery charger to it to crank it over , cranks over well , but no spark .... 
      Lights and everything work fine , but with each crank over using the e start switch , the display reads 999 888 777 666 ... Right down to 000 and repeats itself . 

He managed to get a parts bike , I changed over the CDI and the coil and the stator from the parts bike and there was another black box by the voltage regulator I changed over ... I used my multimeter to confirm as much as I could works , it's hard without knowing which wires are which , and I cannot find any diagrams online for this bike ? 

Do you think it could be the Killswitch? There's so many wires coming from there I don't know where to start . Also I should mention it appears the fan on the front of the bike has been taken off (the wires have been cut too ) 

If this bike sparked it would run . The previous owner said he parked it one day and it just wouldn't start after.
    • By N00bie
      From Arkansas. Just bought a 2012 Gator 850i RSX because I could not pass up the price. BUT it has an idle problem. So, to be honest, I joined just to get a service manual. I have a choice: 1)Buy a hard copy: ~$100; 2)Buy a CD ~$35.00; Get a direct download for free posting 10 times; or get a download for $29.00 (subscription). Haven't decided what to do yet.
    • By semicolon
      Hi, I am having issues with my TRX350D fuel pump.  It suddenly stopped running so I have replaced all the fuses and cleaned all the terminals.  I have fitted a new pump, fuel cut-off relay and rectifier.  Still nothing!!  The pump runs when attached to a battery.  The engine will start on the choke and the filter fills with fuel but it will  not rev and dies when the choke is closed. I have power to the relay but nothing at the pump black/white wire when cranking the engine.  Any ideas where to go from here would be very much appreciated!!

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????