Quantcast

Suzuki 2003 Ltf 250

BOHUNTER

I have a 2003 Suzuki Ltf 250 and the plug fouls after a  time and has to be replaced .

Does anyone have any ideas on what to look for,  I've had it to a quad mechanic and he can't find the source of the problem and as I'm rural remote  it's a big effort to get it to a major city Suzuki dealer that probably won't be able to find the source either. 

Hi Russell, firstly thanks for responding. The mechanic just replaced the needle and seat and pilot jet, he's got 20 years of quad experience behind him and he seems to think it could be electrical, but as I'm no mechanic and pushing 70 years old I thought I'd submit my question to the forum in case anyone else has come across this problem...

BTW, it was actually the quad mechanic who found the problem after he took it for a good long run after the carby repair, I do lots of small stop start runs and can't really tell you how long it takes for the plug to foul up,just that it does.

The only way it could be electrical is if it were dropping spark or the spark plug is too low of a heat range. Restricted airflow, incorrect jets, or incorrect float height are much more common problems. I've also seen people run premium gas in engine without enough compression to fully burn the fuel and will build carbon on the valves and foul spark plugs. Yours would be an example of one that shouldn't run premium. Just my thoughts

Thanks again Russ,I will check these things you've mentioned, starting with the spark plug etc, I don't use premium gas, I usually just run E10 as its the cheapest, but I might try 91 and see if there's any difference, we also have 95 and then Premium  which I think is 98, but it's 20cents a litre dearer than E10,not all things like E10 so it could be the fuel.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By justent_88
      Hello, im looking for some input on this situation i have. My 94 Mojave has no spark, and i have no idea what it is. Ive replaced/tested the magneto, the pickup coil, cdi, the ignition coil. Even the key and Killswitch. I haven't tested the harness its self, but i have tried another harness and still nothing. The only thing i can think of is the fly wheel itself. I have found a lot of metal shavings in the fly wheel and have cleaned it the best I could. But nothing happened afterwards. I am truly stumped here and hoping some of yous could shed some knowledge/ideas that could help get this thing to fire. 
    • By semicolon
      Hi, I am having issues with my TRX350D fuel pump.  It suddenly stopped running so I have replaced all the fuses and cleaned all the terminals.  I have fitted a new pump, fuel cut-off relay and rectifier.  Still nothing!!  The pump runs when attached to a battery.  The engine will start on the choke and the filter fills with fuel but it will  not rev and dies when the choke is closed. I have power to the relay but nothing at the pump black/white wire when cranking the engine.  Any ideas where to go from here would be very much appreciated!!

• By NZrider
      My king quad 700 runs rough when cold then won't start some times but not often when it's hot. And occasionally smoke's a lot when it's cold I'm guessing that's rings but I'm worried unless it's causing the other problems

All help is appreciated thanks
    • By jatho
      Has anyone else had an issue on older king quads where the oil would leak from the top of the head (due to a failed gasket) and drip onto the hot exhaust? Mine got so hot one time it caught fire. Just wondering if this is a common issue, as I've seen the same thing happen on multiple bikes that were the same model. 
    • By mkibbe
      My 2014 750 king quad stalls sometimes when I touch or turn the handlebars,the problem has gotten worse,my machine has 475 miles and is only trail ridden,I have a new factory battery and i have 14.2 volts when the quad is running and 13.3 on the battery when not running,also using a multimeter there is no change in volts when turning the bars until it does stall,If I pull the 40 amp power steering fuse it will not stall.......I've been told its the ECU,Hate to buy one if thats not the problem,but its kinda leaning towards that,,,,,need some opinions.