Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

2000 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Weak Spark

4running

Hi,

I am working on a 2000 Bayou 220. It seems to have very weak spark, and I suspect this is giving me a no start/hard start issue. I can sometimes get the ATV to start, but when it wont start it wont even run on carb spray.

Is a weak spark common for this ATV? Should it have a strong vibrant spark like any other small engine?

I have tested the stator and have .8 ohms between all 3 yellow wires, and it is open to ground on each of the yellow wires. 

Carb has been cleaned, and with the airbox off I can see it wicking fuel up through the main jet when I crank it.

125PSI compression

• Admin changed the title to 2000 Kawasaki Bayou 220 Weak Spark

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ajmboy
      With this cold snap, I noticed yesterday that the battery on my grizzly was a little weak. even clicked a few times before I got it to start. I'm thinking of picking up a batter tender/ trickle charger so was wondering what people use to keep their ATV battery charged up. I was looking at these on amazon. They both have good reviews.

or this one

Kind of like this one because if the accessory plug

• By Spudhut001
      Hello - Quick introduction.  I live in Arkansas on a farm.   Built hot rods and customs for over 20 years.   I love to wrench and toy with machines.   I have 3 different quads (92' LT4WD Suzuki 250 Quadrunner, 91' Yamaha Moto4, 01' Honda Rancher ES)  and 1 82' Honda ATC.   
    • By Aaron03
      I have a 1998 Honda 300ex and it really won’t spark or it will every once and a while but just once. I have a new cdi and coil but it won’t spark out of the coil. Any suggestions?
    • By APExtreme1944
      Traded for a 1985 Suzuki LT250 with thick green paint that's peeling and cracking.
      Want to remove all the the paint and start fresh.
      Anyone know of something that's effective and won't hurt the plastic.
      Appears to have multiple coats.
      Any help will be appreciated...

• Check out with coupon code "BF15" to save 15% Off over $119 for Black Friday Shopping Gala 2021 on Kemimoto
    • By Frank Angerano
      I would like to hear who uses what to clean there ATV’S. 
      I’ve always been a fan of simple green and it’s always worked well but with this new property and the crazy black mud and clay that’s there  I have to say the simple green is not cutting it. 

So from cleaning  right after a ride to cleaning them when you find one in a barn I would like to hear what everyone does and what your recommendations. 
      I’m looking to try something new.  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Windyman55
      I bought a new carb for this byou 220 refurb. But can't figure out where the hoses go to from the carb.
      I have the obvious 2 figured out. The Fuel Line (A. RED ARROW) It's barley visisble. But it's there.
      And 
      C. Carb overflow.... I think. (C. GREEN ARROW) That would just hang down.
      It's line B. with the BLACK ARROW
      AND
      Line D. with the BLUE ARROW That I can't figure out. 
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Greg

• By BrunoNogueira91
      I am proceeding with the restoration of my bayou 220, the recoil starter came only with the external part, the internal part has nothing of it, I saw that some repairs are sold but the model does not exist, in a video I saw that there is one of the honda very similar ... Is it possible for me to adapt only the internal part? I would like to know if someone has already done it. I saw some polaris kits on Aliexpress too, but I don't know if it would be possible to adapt

• By Khanh845
      Hi all, new here and trying to figure out an issue with a Bayou 220 I just got. It sounds (to my novice ears) like it ticks more than other engines I’ve heard.  I also hear it occasionally backfire (briefly) and the engine gets very hot (I’ve never run it enough to shut down).
      I’m thinking it needs a valve clearance adjustment but I’m wondering if any other experienced Bayou owners or anyone else has any ideas before I start tearing into something I don’t need to?  Thanks everyone!
    • By BrunoNogueira91
      Hello,
      I am reviewing the differential of my bayou 220 and I came across two situations:
      1 - How can the final drive roll be changed? in the manual it shows that the part can be disassembled, but not to the point of being able to change the bearing;
      2 - the differential pinion has a gap, so I would like to know if it would need adjustment or if it is so.
      I put a photo and a video to show
      WhatsApp Video 2021-03-07 at 18.29.09.mp4

• By BrunoNogueira91
      Hello, I am restoring a bayou 220 here in Brazil, I have a question regarding the rear brake activated by the lever on the left side. The ex-owner connected it in place of the reverse cable and as this is incorrect, could someone show me through pictures where I correctly connect the rear brake cable? Another thing, every time you reverse, is it necessary to activate the reverse key?
  • Gallery Images