Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

ITP/ Holeshot Tires and Rims.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By flyinbrian365
      View File 2002-03 Series 11 Polaris Ranger service manual
      2002-03 Series 11 Polaris Ranger service manual 9918071
      Full service manual
      Submitter flyinbrian365 Submitted 10/18/2023 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By JORDAN6475
      Hey everyone I'm hoping someone can help a guy out here! 
      I recently bought an Apache rlx400cc for pennies iknow it's Chinese but I thought it could do with a new life with such low mileage on it.
      I serviced it and went to start it up to find the starter motor just spins? Is this a simple fix everything seems okay it has enough power to start the engine so not sure why it won't start however these bikes do have a pull start so it started straight away but after starting it a few times it started to slip when pulling I took the case of to find the teeth where broken on the receiver side the pawls are fine but I can't find a replacement anywhere as a matter of fact I can't even find out what it's called so I'm stuck!
      If anyone can tell me what this is called please share with me.
    • By Jd101506
      Hi all! 

So I’ve got a early model (86? Maybe?) (slide carb)Suzuki Quadrunner I’m working on. I’ve having a series of really wild fuel problems and I’m hoping someone could point me in the right direction. 

So when I first got it the fuel pump and carb were both toast. Rusted, awful, unrebuildable messes. So I bought a pair of cheap Chinese ones of eBay and worked on the rest of it. 

Carb arrives first. I install it, hook a battery up, mainline some fuel into the carb and it runs. Sounds great actually. Ok, cool, runs good, I’m fine. Wait a few days and the fuel pump shows up. Install and the quad runs like absolute dog crap. It would hesitate, stumble, stall, the works. It does sit and idle and start up quickly though. So I assume it’s the fuel pump, so I end up saying screw it and I buy an OEM one. 85$. Meantime I can still get it to run well with drip feeding it fuel. 

New pump comes in and installed. Same thing. It stumbles, acts like it’s dying, may stall, etc. This new pump is an OEM Suzuki so my assumption is it’s fine? 

I ended up swapping the carb wondering if the float or something is actually my problem. This is a different carb, a WELL REVIEWED Kipa carb from Amazon. I install that and I have a whole different set of problems… this carb will run at mid to high RPM, idle adjustment screw be damned. All the way in or all the way out it runs at the same RPM. I ended up taking the main slide and needle out and I swapped it for a different one and the RPM dropped. Not a lot but a little. So I try and drop the carb needle as low as I can and it’s still funky. Something isn’t right. 

So after swapping that carb again I end up rebuilding the Mikuni carb from my Suzuki lt300, and swap the jets over from the Quadrunner rebuild kit I had ordered. Put that carb in and it does the same stupid high idle. I take the choke cable off the bike entirely and it makes no difference and the throttle cable has plenty of slack. As I’m standing there staring at it, it just suddenly drops the idle and sits there idling pretty happy… so I climb on, and it has the same annoying jerky, slow throttle response that the first eBay carb had. 

So to recap:
      1x Kipa fuel pump kept pushing way too much fuel in. 
      1x OEM Suzuki fuel pump made the carb from eBay smoke like crazy and idle adjustment did absolutely nothing. I could go a full 2 turns from the stock setting of 1-3/4 turns out in either direction and get the same awful running 

1x ebay carb worked well on a mainline of fuel right to the carb gravity fed. But runs like dogshit around the yard. Jerky and low idle and smoking on both the Kipa carbs and the OEM carb. 
      1x Kipa carb runs at super high RPM and won’t settle down no matter what I do with the cables or anything else. 
      1x rebuilt mikuni did the same as the Kipa but then randomly dropped rpm to idle and then started running like the ebay carb. 

So I’m appealing to the brains here. I find it hard to believe I’ve tried this many carbs and such and I haven’t found a working solution. As an aside, I’ve swapped the plug, done an oil change, and done a general inspection. Compression test I haven’t done, and I haven’t adjusted the valves but it starts easily. And runs easily mainlining fuel.

Sitting in the garage it sounds fine. I’m attaching a video of it running with the eBay carb and the OEM fuel pump. It’s just really weird. It feels like I’m flooding it because when it’s idling I can smell it and there is a little smoke from the tailpipe.

Ill add more video tomorrow of it running like crap around the yard.  
      IMG_7396.mov
    • By Cookie44
      Has anyone experienced problems with Mud Lite XTR tires that seemed to have a twisted belt? Tire sets up steering wobble that only grows worse with speed. Have had them remounted and the rim is straight, still no joy. Mounted on 2019 Sportsman XP 1000. Tire is 27x9x14.
    • By thelostjs
      A new series by mike sabo called top quad 3 and sxs blog has a recent series called cheap quad challenge. both have taught me a lot about how fun and affordable offroading in smaller machines can be.. 
      I just bought a cheap LAKOTA and i'm in the process of getting it trail ready i cant wait!
      Let me know if anyone has seen this and what thoughts you've had. it was a incredibly helpful thing for me as i didnt know the lakota existed until i saw the show!

• Similar Tagged Forum Content