Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Chinese ATV

Frankee

• 1 month later...

Oh. Ok. There are a lot of makes of atv made in china..  Most of them break easy and parts are real hard to find. And when I say break, I mean things like kickstart shafts breaking, and gearbox shafts, things that should never break..

So it's CF that you want to know about specifically ?

I wouldn't buy any of them, or a cf, but other people may chip in with opinions about CFMoto.

Bottom line is probably that you get what you pay for.

All of my buddies CanAm atv’s and SXS’s have been in the shop with issues way more than my CFmoto has. Riding the same trails!

Do you actually have experience riding and/or working on Cfmoto’s? Or are you just talking them down because you personally don’t like them?

I value the opinion more of people who share actual personal experience vs just stating preconceived notions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah second hand observations about chinese bikes in general. CF aren't common here and I mainly work on suzuki and honda, a few yamahah and kawasaki, and very occasionally something american.

My initial comments were about "chinese atv", and bikes.. of which there a lot of different makes. They really don't need any "talking down". Most of them are cheap and break parts far to easily as far as I can see, which is an opinion that sees the local bike shop owner, also a mechanic, refuse to even have them in the workshop.

If you think Cf is the exception, and you're happy with yours, then that's fine. I hope you get a good run out of it.

• 1 month later...

I get your concern.

So I did a lot of digging and eyeballing before I bought mine.

From a first time ATV owner pov I can only say I havent regretted buying mine yet.

From a point of view of a guy thats worked on stuff since my first bicycles and skateboards as a kid . .  This thing is WAY above the normal chinese stuff.

Im not saying I might have some troubles yet but from a mechanically experienced point of view as well as over a million miles of driving and deaceds on street bikes (mostly cantankerous old harleys) . .

This is a pretty well built machine.

Frame welds are NICE, clean, tight and well dressed. (cnc of course)

The body panel fitment is good and clean and no huge or sloppy gaps that look wrong.

The seat is NICE. I mean real nice. I cant say on durability yet but its a nice seat. I can romp around all day long wihtout my 57 year old but getting sore, or my back.

My first ventures into the engine are . . pretty pleased.

The only thing I can say I wasn't hip on was stamped timing gears, CNC machined allows might be better, but overall the engine is very cleanly built.

No slop, slag, sprue or ill fitting parts.

Everything fits RIGHT. IF your experienced mechanically you know what I mean by "fits right".

It so far is a pretty easy machine to work on. I just took my time dismantling what was needed, tested how everything fit and preceded with due caution on a new machine.

The valve adjustment was straight forward as was the over all inspection due after break in period.

I have found not one thing that made me cringe yet. 

Ive looked at hisuns and, well, remember the early japanese motorcycle well enough.

These things are well above that kind of quality and remind me of late 80s onward hondas in fit and finish.

I know it's difficult to swallow . .  because you know . . China . . lmao . . but this isn't something youd find at walmart.

more like Sears Roebuck in it's prime.

I seem to have access to parts and aftermarket.

most of the dealers around me are established dealers in carry other brands as well.

just my 1.2 cents at this point.

• 1 month later...