Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

1998 Yamaha Timberwolf fb250 4x2 shaft seal replacement

Carguy

I have a 1998 Yamaha Timberwolf 4x2 that I recently noticed a pretty heavy oil leak. I discovered that it was coming from the shift shaft seal. I can’t find anything specific to this atv, (or others), on how to replace it. I found several videos on motorcycles and the fix appears simple. The problem is that the shift shaft on my Timberwolf runs through a metal arm welded to the engine, so I can’t slide the seal over the shaft. (Picture attached). Can anyone please steer me in the right direction. Thank you BCE1A25A-FCC3-47A3-BCED-0F25FCFE3CD4.thumb.jpeg.82a97941efd0c3d28ac73225eb8a8baa.jpeg

There might be a manual in here..  Up the top, "more", service manuals, then in the new page a way down on the right choose your make and have a browse.

The way it's probably meant to be done is to take the other side case off and undo a circlip or something and pull the shaft back through.