Quantcast

Immediate Action Requested

Omnibus Package Revived In Senate - Vote Scheduled Today

Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,

In our last update on the massive omnibus public lands bill, we cautioned our members that the package is far from dead. We wrote: "Worse, possible scenarios are being considered that will prohibit full review as well as opportunity to offer amendments."

True to form, Congress is pushing ahead with yet another vehicle for the omnibus package. This time it's H.R. 146 - "The Revolutionary War and War of 1812 Battlefield Acquisition Grant Program." This otherwise worthy bill will be amended to include the contents of the omnibus package. The Senate is expected to take the bill up at 2 p.m. eastern with the first cloture vote due as early as 5:30 p.m.

At this point it looks as if the Senate leadership will either strike a deal to limit amendments in order for the bill to move quickly, or they will just push it through without allowing any opportunity for amendments. Either way, the bill is likely to see its first cloture vote TODAY!

If the Senate passes the measure it is expected that House leadership will attempt to jam it through via one or more "closed rule" options. D.C. insiders expect House leadership to call the legislation up as a "preferential bill," which would prohibit committee review and limit amendments.

BRC is asking all of our members and supporters to call their Senators NOW. Finding their phone number is easy. Click here and enter your Zip code. Simply tell your Senator that you oppose the Omnibus Public Lands Act and you want them to vote NO on H.R. 146.

Be brief. Be polite. Do it NOW.

As always, if you have any questions or need assistance call or email.

Brian Hawthorne

Public Lands Policy Director

BlueRibbon Coalition

208-237-1008 ext 102

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By DayBreakJim
      Well, hello everyone. I figured I'd introduce myself with a post. I just turned 33 last month and today I officially quit my job to work on wheelers. I've been buying them broken for about 5 months now, fixing them and selling them for profit. I work on them in my garage and have been selling between 2-4 per month but it has been draining me while also working my full time job. I've slowly been accumulating the basic tools I need to get the jobs done. Nothing special, not a boatload of tools, money or skills. I taught myself through the years and finally got sick enough of working for the city as a sewer service worker to make the jump and quit. I was making 49k a year and now I'm fully relying on my income from repairing wheelers.
      I live with my gf and we have no kids yet so that helps. We live in a major city and it has gotten so bad now that we refuse to have kids and raise them here. There's no way we're putting them into the education system. We're determined to move to the country, buy land and start a homestead. My gf is building her virtual tutoring business teaching kids to read and doing awesome! I knew that this job was the last thing holding us here and I would have to lose it anyway if we're going to another state in the next 2 years so we decided now was the time. 
      So that brings me here!
      I hope I can share things that I'm learning and learn more from you guys! Also I know I'm going to be needing those service manuals sooner or later with how many wheelers I'm fixing. Any tips for us to get to our goals are extremely welcome!! We have no land in either of our families and not much money either so the task of doing all this alone is daunting.
      Nice to meet you all and wish us luck! The clock is ticking!
    • By quadnut20
      A few pics from last weekend ride , still riding my old 450r ,thinking about getting a 4x4 as I'm getting older but we'll see  

• By WTFcarrots
      I want to open a quad bike tour buisness and would like to know how many KM can a quad bike do
    • By fishinnnc
      I just bought this thing and got the carb all cleaned today and it was running like a champ. There was a spare hot wire hanging down that was not hooked up to anything. I found it when I took all the covers off and did the carb work. Unfortunately I forgot it as well when I fired her up after cleaning and replacing the carb. While I was running her, the wire was lying across the exhaust pipe. The exhaust got hot, melted the insulation and next thing I know I see sparks flying everywhere Bike immediately shut down and all lights went off. I have nothing on the console now when I turn the key over. I fear I have fried my ECU. I found one fuse back by the box, a 30 amp, but it was good. Are there any other fuses on these things? Is there a way to test the ECU? Could it be the rectifier or voltage regulator?
    • By Ajmboy
      QUADCRAZY has been around over 10 years now and there a lot of members that have come and gone. We had a PM message going so I decided to start a topic. If I miss anyone, please post. Anyone can post, even if you are not an old member, but please keep to the theme of updating us on what you are doing now, what's new, where you are hanging these days, etc.
      Some of the old timers: @SunLrider @CK1999_400ex @trailblazer_02 @hangingon @pete59edsel @fox300exchic @powermaddd400ex @Raptor8 @GREENIE @NEWACRIDER @atvredefined @lawny @jigolbeep @cheriah @Mudflap64 @pony @Lildaisygrl18 @Tagels @mikeexplorer @Lildaisygrl18 @Jonny450R @yokochrist @DeadAim @Bimmerdog @CRAZYKIWI @KnightHawk @Senator @mellowyellow @DJLime @Desert-Hawk @davefrombc @jeeptuff @kidatvs @kfx450r @hvy_chevy_one @Roody  @rappy97 @Gunny @ALLYRATT @PolarisRich  @Tim-ANC @jerod400ex @MIKEL5469 @swampcat07 @DirtDemon @quadmaniac @WillyPoP @marioweldinginc @BioWare @Sc0tt @wylde1 @nueymansiyami @oxidized_black @mywifeknowseverythin @BuckBilly @Ajmboy @Stoopidbot1 @DrtyGrlKristin @outlander560 @01 RAPPY 660 @joet82 @wheeler0801 @Sparrows @quadnut20
      Sorry if I missed anyone. Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing. 😎