Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Just wondering if anyone has used these....I put one on the wifes Quad a few yrs ago....Makes it sound Much Better....Thats all I thought it would do.....I just got one for my Quad....(God,,,I never thought I would type that sentence,,,LMAO!!) After Pulling out the Stock Sparky and Tip.....I notice that it is VERY RESTRICTIVE IN THERE!!! Now the damn thing Sounds GREAT!!! Im sure it helps a bit with performance,,,,,But who cares right now....It sounds Pissed....

eBay Motors: Yamaha Raptor Exhaust Outlet Power Tip 350 660 700 700R (item 120387635249 end time Apr-04-09 12:13:45 PDT)

9be9_1.JPG

Installed

IMG_8601.jpg

Stock one

IMG_8602.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 1998 Kawasaki Bayou 4x4 clunking sound front end

I'm hearing a clunking sound from the front end.  It doesn't happen when I bounce the front end up and down on the shocks while the motor is off--only when driving.  There is a small tear in the CV boot on the axle so I planned on replacing the boot.  Could a bad axel cause a clunking noise when thottling forward?

By Achilles, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 3 replies
    • 7 Bluetooth-Capable Sound Systems For Your ATV/UTV

products The sound of music on the trail Finding great trails and great friends to ride with can be made even better with these seven sound systems to share your favorite music from your ATV. View the full article

By ATVNetwork, in ATV News, Articles & Press Releases

• 0 replies
    • 2006 Arctic Cat 250 Utility ATV Clunking Sound

Wondering if anyone has experience this problem before.  I have a 2006 Arctic Cat 250cc Utility ATV and recently replaced the rear axle due to a rollover and axle being bent. My problem is now when I took it for a ride it make a clunking sound almost sounds like it's coming from the rear axle housing where the big gear on the axle mates up with the gear on the gear drive shaft. It almost sounds like when a tooth on a gear is missing and it skips and grabs.

By TheUndertaker, in Arctic Cat ATV Forum

• 6 replies
    • Buying used - here's the seller's story - sound legit?...

Here's the deal... I'm a first time atv buyer and have been studying hard all aspects of buying and evaluating these things for a used purchase. Now after months of looking everywhere I finally found a local private seller through word of mouth that may be offering a hell of a deal. Story is... Guy's got a 2012 Yamaha Griz 550 w/ EPS with 2900 miles and 250 hours on it and hes asking $4900. Says he got it from NPA? in Cincinnati for $4400 and paid $125 to ship it. After new tires, brakes and oil he says he's got $5000 into it coming from a dealer-only wholesale auction. I've only got $4500 to spend and really stressed that and he says he'll sell it to me if the guy coming on Friday doesn't pay the full $4900 price he's asking. So yeah fairly excited about the prospects here. This one blue books for something like $5500-$5800 retail. But I'm still a little too wet behind the ears still to be confident about evaluating these things used so I'm cramming as much info as I can before I go take a look at it. So don't want to get burned. So couple questions... 1- I've seen some with more and less miles than the 2900 this one has. But have been taught it's not so much the mileage as how they were put on. Anyone have insight about this specific model with almost 3000 miles and 250 hours on it? 2- Are there any special problems the 2012 550 EPS Griz has that I should be looking out for?

By toonces, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 1 reply
    • lakota 300 clunk sound

got a lakota 300 the quad runs but when i kill the engine the clutch spins and stop DEAD making this loud CLUNK sound any idea what could b wrong this also cause it to die while riding

By dblbassdrumer, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 0 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By marcuslachance
      I
      I bought a Honda 250sx 1986 but the exhaust is broken. Apparently it's not possible to order a new one. I checked to order one on others compagny but there's noting.
      Do you know which exhaust it's possible to install. Is there a company who sold an exaust to fit on my 250sx.
      Sorry for my english
      Thank you
      Marc
    • By hondaforeman450
      Does Honda make an exhaust shield for the operator. My 2004 foremans exhaust manifold gets my leg hot. My 2011 rubicon has this shield.
    • By SnowSkull
      I got my first quad two days ago, a 93 Yamaha blaster 250. The day after I bought it, a buddy and I were taking it around his grandmas yard in the foot deep snow. After letting it warm up (8 degrees outside) we rode it around for about an hour, stalled a few times due to its our first time riding a manual quad. I went into a snow bank and the quad stalled, I went to kickstart it but it wouldn't tun over, so we moved it to level ground and tried again. No luck, after about 10 minutes of trying to kick it over on and off, it made a weird sound out of the tailpipe, kind of a "pooft" sound, kind of like a small backfire. We looked around the interwebs and assumed it was the packing. Went down to our local yamaha dealer and bought some FMF exhaust packing. (the exhaust that is on the quad now is a DG) We repacked the muffler and reattached it. Went to to kick it over and still the same sound but a little louder. I contacted the guy i bought it off of (a mechanic who Ive known for years and trust) and explained what happened. He said it sounded flooded and to let it sit overnight. I did as he said and tried it again a little bit ago and still the same sound. It sounded like it was going to turn over after about 10 kicks but no luck. I kept the gas off for the first 15 or so kicks to try and burn out the fuel. I have no idea what the problem could be (maybe wrong exhaust packing?) so any input is very welcome!!
    • By dctaz37
      I was out the other night for a few minutes and noticed the exhaust close to the motor was bright red. I searched the internet and saw suggestions that it may be running lean. Could this be it? How do I correct this?