Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Well in 3 hours and 44 minutes the green flag will drop. I will be running a 100 mile desert style in central Co. I'm not sure how many other quads are in my class but yesterday during practice there was about another 5. My average lap time was about 16 minutes on a 13 mile course. Lots of turns and plenty of high speed areas.

colorado offroad extreme

Sounds cool!! I wish I was closer. I would like to try something like this.

Thanks babe...Scott, it was so much fun... kicked my arse but it was great. Here are a few shots of me passing pit row on the first lap coming into the first turn.

S0164151.jpg

S0164160.jpg

S0384500.jpg

wooooooot narly bot :) i'm goin to try to get some pics of my lorettas race on here....whatta beautiful finish that was lol

Very cool. Yeah when we were at Loretta's I was wondering how long into that 2 hour race it would be until I was tired. I probably could walk after a 2 hour race.

Here I am 4 days later and my thighs are still on fire. This was a desert style race so it wasn't big jumps and stuff like Loretta's. There were probably about 12-15 jumps on the 13 mile track. And they are the ones that send you about 40ft but only 5 ft off the ground.

Arm Pump was getting the better of me about 4 laps into it. Then i miss counted laps and instead of pitting on 4 I went to 5 and almost ran out of gas.

Great times

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• How did you get into Quads?

Heres my story. Kinda long. I guess I was a late bloomer when it comes to quads. I had never ridden a quad in my life. Rode Dirt Bikes as a kid growing up. Back in Oct of '06 I found a Mustang on craigslist. Took it for a test drive one morning before work. Fast car. 351 Cleveland. I had planned on meeting the guy again after work. For some strange reason thats still to this day beyond me, I stopped in Hillsboro MotoSports on the way home from work. I had 6 Grand on me. There was a left over '05 sitting by the front door. It was on sale for $4999. It was $5499 OTD. I didnt even look at anything else. I knew nothing about quads accept I thought it really looked coool and I had the money in my pocket to buy it. I was sitting on it when the salesman walked up and asked... "Can I help you?" Without hestitation I pulled 60 Ben Franklins outta my front pocket and said "I want this Quad. Load it up in my truck." It was just about dark by the time I drove away from the shop. BTW, I didnt bother to ask my ol lady if I could buy it. LOL. Anyway, I took it by the house and showed her. She was kinda stunned but not mad. We drove over to a friend of mines house and unloaded it. I took it to the field across the street from his house. HOLY CHIT!!!!! I was surprised by the power. I had it for about 2 weeks and took it to Sand Lake. I was there a few hours and rolled it on a banked turn at the top of the bowl right before you get to the one-ways. When it rolled, I flew off and landed on my belly. The quad came bouncing and landed on my back. For a month I couldnt even walk. I was scared of it. I considered trading it for a 250EX. Went back to the shop. The salesman said..."Dude!!! You dont want a 250EX!!! Trust me. Just get used to it" I still wasnt convinced. I put it on craigslist for $4000. Calls were coming in. I had a guy that wanted to come look at it that evening. I decided to take it for one last ride at Browns Camp before I sold it. I was still afraid of it. After about 5 minutes I started feeling comfortable on it again. I decided right then, I loved my Honda 450 and would learn how to ride it instead of selling it. That was late Nov of '06. Work was slow for a Painter in Oregon. My new job everyday? Going to Browns Camp and ridding my Quad. I bought my Girl Friend an '02 Blaster. I rode my 450 for 4-6 hours almost every single day for 3 months. And yes, I know my way around Browns Camp pretty well. LOL. In March I bought her an '06 TRX250EX (Thank God I didnt trade my 450 for one of those) LOL Since then, I have become totally addicted to quads. I love them. Couldnt imagine not owning at least one quad. Luckily I have two. My "07 was $6500 OTD in July of '07. Bought it for my Girlfriend. Traded in her 250 EX. A month later we broke up. So, I wound up with two Honda 450's.  

By Mikey69, in General ATV Discussion

• 162 replies
    • 1990 Suzuki LT 4wd need help running issue

my atv will start right up will idle fine soon as i try to throttle up engine dies,i have changed gas,new fuel pump and lines great compression 188 lbs.new coil new spark plug adjusted valves dont know what to do also rebuilt carb,any help wanted

By joseph, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 19 replies
    • 10 Simple Add-Ons To Improve The Style And Functionality Of Your Polaris General 4

news Great upgrades for your family adventure rig The Polaris General 4 is an excellent family adventure rig, but it is made even better by these 10 simple add-ons for style and functionality. View the full article

By ATVNetwork, in ATV News, Articles & Press Releases

• 0 replies
    • 2001 Quadrunner 500 Running Problems

Hi all, Picked this bike up about a month ago, and started doing some work on it. I ordered a carb kit from China, but got tired of waiting for it so I went to the bike shop today and picked up a Shindy rebuild kit. Took the carb out of soak, it has been in there for a month, blew all the ports out, cleaned what I could with a guitar string, used air as best I could to make sure everything was clear. After I was satisfied the body was clean I out the kit in it. Got the floats set to 13mm as per the manual (well 12.87 on one side and 12.92 on the other, so close), set the pilot to a little less than 2 1/2 turns out (manual says 2 3/8 turns). Put everything back together and tried to start it, it started and had a week idle. I tried adjusting the idle screw and as soon as I turned it the bike died. Backed it out and tried again, same result. Left it backed out, started it again and gave it some throttle. As soon as the throttle is touch the bike dies. Changed the spark plug for a new one and checked the spark, good and really strong. I am thinking that I have a bad petcock and am not getting enough fuel to the carburetor. So when I press the throttle I am increasing air but starving for fuel, bike can't run on air alone so it dies. Does this line of thinking make sense? I am gearing up a bottle with a fuel line in it, so I can try gravity feeding fuel to the carb, just have to wait for the silicone to dry so won't be able to test till tomorrow.  If it turns out to be a bad fuel valve, I will most likely just replace it with a universal one. If I go this route, what do I need to do with the breather line off the carburetor that used to go to the OEM petcock? Block it off or leave it open? Any help, answers or other ideas of things to check would be greatly appreciated. I have a fishing trip at the end of the month and would love to have my bike running by then. 

By Coyote251, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 11 replies
    • Places to ride in central NJ/shore area

New to the site and I'm looking for some places to (LEGALLY) ride. I know a few places not too far from me but getting caught and over 1k in fines and criminal trespassing charges isn't on the top of my list. 

By RogueMX, in Northeast ATV & Off Road Forum

• 7 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By realityoffroad
      CASTING CALL
      ONLINE OFF ROAD REALTY TV SERIES
      Do you have a reality show idea based around your passion for off roading and the lifestyle you live?
      Are you creative?
      Do you think outside of the box?
      Are you a character and willing to share your life for all to see?
      Do you compete in any type of off road racing? (Not necessary)
      Have a story that just needs telling?
      We want to hear all your ideas.
      We are is looking for talented individual’s and personalities like yourself who may have an idea or want to star in an off road reality series based around off roading and the lifestyle we love.
      If you have an idea or know someone who wants to be in reality show contact us with your pitch.
      Guidelines for presenting ideas
      • Video submittal: will be no more than 2:00 minute long describing your pitch idea.
      • Written submittal: describe in 300 words or less your concept idea and why you think your idea will work for reality.
      • Individual Casting Calls: individuals who think they have what it takes to be in an off road reality show must send a bio and a brief description about yourself and why you want to be a part of an off road reality show.
      Email all submissions to:
      [email protected]
      Please submit all videos using
      https://www.wetransfer.com
      If your pitch is selected we will contact you and discuss what the next step will be.