Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

patrickd

piston ring position on a Suzuki LT250R

I'm trying to replace the cylinder base gasket on an LT250R 2 stroke.

This is the first time I have done anything like this. Can someone please tell me how to orient the ring gaps on the piston? I heard that there were locating pins to keep the rings from turning to the ports. Please help so I don't ruin something. Also any ideas for compressing the rings?

Thanks Much

If you have it that is great. I was going to tell you on the gaps in the rings should line up with a place in the piston. They need to be on that place. You can compress the rings with your hands until you get the piston in the jug.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DemonQuad666
      Sup Gang,
      So Im Picking up my crated 89 LT250r next weekend... I have no Idea what shape its in other than its completely tore down. Chassis im told is in great shape and fresh paint. Still sending off to powder coat after gusset install (if I can find a kit). This will be my first Resto/Mod so any tips, special tools, words of advice would be much appreciated. I have no doubt this project will take months and several $$$. I plan on doing all the work myself except for the Motor and paint. Any suggestions on reputable 2 stroke gurus i can ship the motor to ???  Again any help would be much appreciated. Pics coming as soon as i pick her up.....Until then... Deuces...
    • By DemonQuad666
      Hey all. I've been riding ATV's and Dirt bikes since i was like 12 or 13. Mainly trail riding, old coal mines, slag pits, farm fields, back roads ect. ect. Started on a Honda 90, then Big Red, KX 80, XR250R (which almost killed me). Bought a brand new 1999 Blaster and modded the hell out of it for MX. Sold it a year later when I found out i was gunna be a Dad. I travel all over the US for my Job. So home is where I park the 34 footer. Now that my little one is in high school and my career is booming. I need a project.  I've always wanted a TRX 250R. Ever since i was a kid and the neighbor down the road bought one brand new in 1988.  So, I've been doing research, shopping around, started a secret Quad fund, and talking to people. Well come to find out one of my fellow Electricians on my job site who works for our customer is/was a fellow ATV Enthusiast. Our mutual love for 2 strokes sparked a conversation about rebuilds and restores. Something I have never really done but He had. long story short, He offered me a deal on a 89 LT250R Crate bike. one I couldn't refuse. In a week or two we are going to clean out his storage shed which is full of  chassis, motors, parts parts parts. Load it all up and bring it to his new house. In return for my volunteering to help he said the Suzuki is mine FREE!!!!! I plan on documenting the entire build and hopefully in a few months i'll be screaming down the trails. Updates to come and I'm sure many many questions to follow... Untill then ... Deuces 
    • By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By evlsnke
      loud clicking, snapping noise under load when accelerating.
    • By Steve1266
      I went out to ride my quad today. When I started it up it ran for a minute, then died. Since then it will turn over but won't start. I've check the spark plug and get great fire. I have had this quad for about 6 months, and very new to breaking it down. But need help. Thanks