Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!
As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery. Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.
Haven't got a service manual for this yet so I'm flying by the seat of my pants I made myself a shifter extension to go up by the gas tank took my foot shifter off to weld it and now when I put it back on I don't seem to be able to find neutral. Is there some asinine reason that you have to do something internally when you change or remove the foot shifter? It was a simple take off weld put back on and dog bite my pecker it's not working. I hope this is something simple I've done and that's something I need brain surgery for. Cheers fellas I know y'all will have the right answers
By Vybrano Cz
(I don't have manual and there isn't one on the internet)
It's a 150cc ATV, automatic transmission, automatic starter, with zero electric devices.
I have to mount at least some front/rear lights. But for how many watts should I aim in total on entire ATV? You know, for example there are 10/50/200 Watt lights. But it's impossible to order some, when I don't know if I should keep entire ATV under 100 Watts? Under 500 Watts? Under 1000 Watts?
Anyone have any thoughts on the early Quad Sports? My very first ATV was a 1985 LT230S, me and a buddy purchased them brand new in 1985, rode those little bikes till the wheels fell off, I would like to find one to restore for nostalgic reasons and to teach my 14 yo son to ride. Nice meeting you all!
Similar Tagged Content
I'm looking for help w/identifying a plow mounting bracket for my 1988 Big Bear 350. Can't seem to find one that's available/in-stock for these older models. Anyone know if there's much difference between an 88 and say a 1994? Seems like brackets for the 90's and newer models are easier to find.
Just checking up, now that im getting to giving the new "to me" 93 moto4 350 2wd a tune up. Are there any weak points to really keep an eye on for failure? Never had a shaft driven quad before. On a side note, my yamaha came with a plow which i fully plan to use this winter, are there any dos and donts for plows with this quad? gears to avoid? etc? obviously letting your bike warm up etc.
I grew up riding motorcycles and three-wheelers. After 20 years away, I have now moved to the Rocky Mountains and have some amazing country to explore in my backyard. Add a snowplow onto a utility four wheeler (do they call them that?) and I have a great opportunity and excuse to buy a toy that I have wanted for years.
Not to mention that my 5 year-old would lose his mind if Dad bought one of these and we started exploring the backroads/4wd roads that are all over my area.
That said, I do not want to spend more than $5000+ for this and, so long as it can do some basic snow removal and run reliably, dont mind getting an older model.
I have four questions:
1) I feel comfortable maintaining this, but would like an expert to look it over to find any big issues before I buy it. Should I take it to a dealer to have it checked out? This is complicated by my next question . . .
2) Any recommendations on how to bring it home? I do not yet have a truck, trailer or anything to get whatever I buy home. I expect that I will have to borrow/rent a truck, but once it is at my house I can just ride from my house to all of the places I want to go.
3) After pulling out what is available on Craigslist, I think I may want to limit who I talk to to just those that already have a snowplow. This is a must have, so is there anything I should look for?
4) Made it this far? If so, is there anything in the below list that I should definitely check out? I pulled this list from just the past two days of posts on Craigslist and am getting a bit overwhelmed as I have not shopped for one of these, well, ever.
2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4 w/ Warn Winch & New Tires
2002 Honda TRX 350 LOW HOURS
2008 Polaris 500 Deluxe EFI ATV
******2003 Kawaski Prairie 650 V TWIN*****
1998 honda atv 300 fourtrax
2006 Yamaha Kodiak 450 ATV
2007 Yamaha Grizzy 700 ATV
2003 polaris 500 sportsman with snow plow
(2) 2013 Polaris Sportsman 500 Tourings
2003 Kawasaki Prairie 650 4X4 Utility ATV with Cargo Racks, 1075 miles
And that is just for the past two days . . . so many to choose from, so Im a bit overwhelmed!!!
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.