Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

tars79

LT 230.. great buy!!

This is for a 1987 Suzuiki Lt230 quadrunner. Its perfect to just go on. may not be the fastest but it goes through alot. RUNS Great.. no problems with it!! Im tryin to get around 1k for it but i will take offers!! Let me know!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JacobSlabach
      Hey I have a 97 bayou 300 2x4 (klf300b) that i bought for 1000 last June and sunk another 1000 into it already.  When i went to look at it, the seller had warmed it up before hand (he was riding it when I got there).  it ran good so i bought it and took it home that evening... next morning it wouldn't hardly start.  I discovered the carb was clogged, there was chunks of rust in the fuel valve, the choke lever was missing and other things.  I have since cleaned the carb and replaced the fuel valve and gas lines and cleaned out the gas tank and cap.  
      Enough background on it, the problem is this:  It floods if i push it past half throttle in 4th and 5th gear even going downhill and shifting correctly.  It also has to idle and warm up when you first start it which is really annoying now that its cold...  It also smokes blue smoke for about 15 seconds when started cold-  does not smoke at all once warm but the exhaust still smells like burnt metal.  A friend told me that it didn't have enough compression.  I also found out that the valves are a common cause for low compression on Kawasakis..  I have never adjusted valves before-  the most I've ever got into a engine was a head gasket on a riding mower so I'm new to this.  My goal is to get this bike running and starting cold like a top-  should i tear down and rebuild the top end?  What should i try first?  I tore the carb apart and rebuilt it and fiddled with the air screw and nothing changed.  I also ordered a compression test kit that should be coming in soon.

Ive also considered just selling it for like $500 and taking the hit-  Id rather not sink too much more into this machine..  lol
    • By Randel1
      I'm on to the next project. I am trying to put a 1994 Suzuki 250 2X4 quad runner back into service. I am currently going thru the fuel system and am waiting on some parts. In the meantime I have been trying to locate replacement fenders and I'm not having much luck.  The orriginal fenders have become brittle and cracked due to sun and exposure to the elements. Any help on finding replacement fenders, OEM or aftermarket, will be appreciated.

• By matthew smith
      I have a honda recon 250 that i just bought. the compression is around 90 needs to be rebuilt. im getting into rebuilding it took apart the top end no problem except for the cylinder walls. as shown in the pictures. the way the piston sits in the cylinder is if you were sitting on the wheeler the skirt on the piston is left to right. so the wrist pin is front to back. which is where the two marks are in the cylinder. so that means the connecting rod is making the piston slap the cylinder on the wrist pin side which seems like a weird way for the cylinder to be moving. not natural. now the connecting rod has slight play left to right but not up and down. ive talked to a few people they say it might be the roller bearings in the connecting rod where it meets the crankshaft. but the play it has is not that much. im just looking for some more input before i start splitting the case. 

• By Justice Owens
      Hey guys, any ideas would be greatly appreciated on this. 
      So it started a few months ago, riding with some buddies and my 400ex all of a sudden lost power. Wouldn't fire, wouldn't sputter. Towed it home, and then it fired right up. It continued this pattern for a week or two, ran perfectly for varying amounts of time, suddenly died, and would start right back up if I waited 20 mins or so.
      Now we get to the next phase... I was dinking with it one day, I think I pulled the carb off and cleaned it out, (not really dirty but just to be sure) and I was trying different fuel screw adjustments. At any rate, I didn't notice much change, except obviously running a little poorer when I had the fuel screw in the wrong place. I took it on a quick ride around the block, and it was just fine. Ran awesome, had lots of power, etc. Then went around the block again and it died on me this time right as I revved it. Ever since then I haven't been able to get it to start. 
      Now when I turn it over, it sputters, fires a touch, but won't start. Ever. I replaced the plug, CDI, and coil, with no change. I do know that it has spark, but I don't know for certain that its big enough. After replacing these with no change I popped the carb off and tried firing it up spraying some either right into the intake. Upon doing so, it revved right up, but obviously there was no carb so it didn't stay running for long. While spraying the ether it seemed to run just like other engines I've tried spraying ether into no popping or backfiring etc. When it fired right up on the ether, I figured I must have a carb issue, so I just bought a whole new carb instead of taking the old one apart for the 800th time. When I put it in, there was no change whatsoever. Still turns over and sputters, but won't fire up.
      I am completely befused, and any input would be graciously accepted. If you read through all that your a trooper, so thanks very much :) 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Rexman06
      I'm not getting any spark to the spark plug and I'm not getting any power to the cdi or the stator either need help trying to get this bike going for my dad for the woods any help would be appreciated thanks
    • By suzukiken
      Hi my 230 locked up on me I tore apart the kick start and the motor would roll over back wards after working it back and forth it was free both ways put it back together and 5 seconds after it started it locked back up any ideas why
    • By jaybowker
      Having an issue with my quad dying on me after riding hard for about a half hour then it won't start back up till it cools down could this be a valve problem cause I am having a backfiring issue also
    • By Cubhorse80
      Hey all! Im new to the forum and done even have any quads or 3 wheelers... I joined because i am thinking of buying a Honda ATC 125m. It looks like it is in really good shape and according to the owner, it runs great! he says however that the electric start wont work, as well as the light. Im thinking this is a key switch issue. I talked him down to 400 and i want it! but thew downfall is that it is a 2 hour dive down to get it. so a 4-5 hour round trip...
      What is a good price for one of these? what are some things to look for if i go look at it? Any suggestions??
      Thanks!

• By Gunny
      What a way to end 2013 ... A friend and I went out for another track ride, the snow conditions were GREAT !! :cheer: ... and we had a blast !!
      Only saw two other people & we helped pull one of them out of a snow bank. Better him than us !! :smilielol5c:
      We could use more snow, but the ride on this day was AWESOME !! :woot:
      I only used 7 of 22 of the video clips I had of the days ride, so there's still some great ride footage on the cutting room floor !! Hope you enjoy what clips or portions of them I did use ... and remember to change the video Quality to 1080p for the best viewing enjoyment !! :seeyac:
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr21nuBLfWA]30 Dec 2013 Rock Creek Ride - YouTube[/ame]