jrichmond182

1996 Yamaha Big Bear - Air Filter Question

got a 96 Big Bear Project Bike, the air filter doesnt fit tight with the box. Should there be a rubber gasket between the filter asembley and the intake?

Would this gasket come with a new filter, can I just buy this gasket. searched all over but cant find that part or a diagram showing it. Have the owners manuel and service manual but neither show it.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I have seen that scamatic, and it appears to have a rubber ring on the the end of the housing that the air filter fits around, mine doesnt have any kind of rubber ring on the end, but I can find just that part, the only filter I found online that has anything like a rubber gasket is this

96-99 Yamaha 350 Big Bear 2x4 UNI AIR FILTER NU3232ST | eBay

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crazynordlander
      Hi All,
      Has anyone found engine oil in their air filter box. The must be little or no baffle between crankcase ventilation and that hose that attaches to the air filter box.
      I went to pick up my ATV today 60 miles away that they could not fix the jerky low speeds on and before I loaded it decided to check on this. Sure enough there was a good coating of oil with some pooling in the bottom of the air filter box. The air filter has oil on it too but is it a dry element or oiled element type. My guess from the color of it dry.
      I heard on a comment on my YT videos that there is a kit for this issue? Is this a CFMOTO fix?
      Thanks
      Kevin
    • By patricknperkins
      Ok, so got this thing, assembled, and even added acid/assembled the battery with a solid trickle charge and the battery is fine.
      As far as I can tell, I have checked all the fuses I can find, but I have ZERO power to anything. Even the console will not light up when turned to ON.
      Is there some sort of hidden parental/child disconnect or safety switch that I'm not aware of? ANY help would be appreciated.
    • By toonces
      Doing the first big maintenance on the old 2011 700 Grizz and have a couple q's.
      I've been told that Hondas take only a certain type of coolant and now I'm wondering about my Yamaha. Is there a certain type of coolant I need to look for or will general coolants be good enough?
      And second...I'm gonna use the No Toil stuff to clean and oil my air filter. Are there different types of No Toil cleaners and filter oils where I need to look for a specific type, or is there just one to get...the No Toil Evolution Kit? And if there are different types whats the type of oil No Toil makes that is right for my air filter?
      Thanks.
    • By HomerBill
      I have a 1996 King Quad 300 LT-F4WDX ATV
      I tried to install a carburetor rebuild kit but there were no instructions and I am unable to find them. Anybody know what the "Pilot Screw" is set at? The engine starts but seems to be flooding- very difficult to get the rpms up and engine acts flooded.
      I set the screw to 3 turns from closed. It is called the "Pilot Screw" on exploded views of the carb.
      It is a Mikuni BST 31 single carb.
      Thanks for any help!
      Bill Roberts
    • By Kord02
      Looking for a service manual for a 1988 Yamaha Big Bear.I just bought one as a project and looking to fix some things on it. Thanks for the help.