Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

blaze

2003 Yamaha Big Bear 400 - Starter Sticking

I have a 2003 yamaha big bear 400 4x4. it was working no problem and now the starter is staying engauged with the switch on or off Ive checked all the fuses and wire and everything looks ok took the wire off the starter and tapped on it also still engauged dont no what else to check or do any help would be alsome Thanks.

remove starter sounds like the bandix is sticking, might just need to be cleaned and reassembled. If not might need the starter rebuilt.

The starter motor is staying powered? That would be the starter relay sticking. If the starter is being driven by the engine while its running than the one way bearing on the flywheel has failed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dunnym
      I changed the starter and starter solenoid. Battery died so I bought a new battery.  Hooked up positive post first then I went to hook up negative wire and the atv tried to start. Key is not in the ignition and start switch is not being depressed. Anyone ever have this issue?  I was going to check solenoid with meter, but haven't had a chance yet. 
    • By Jw7054
      Okay well I got a starter with a Yamaha moto 4 I bought but I'm 99% sure it is not a moto 4 starter. I can't find numbers on it any where.
      So what I'm looking for is
      A. What is it from/for?
      B. How do I test it, because I'm gonna sell it, via eBay, craigslist, something.
      Pictures

Thanks!!
      Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    • By viper
      how do u get a starter out of a250sx 1986? have it loose but can not get it out
    • By viper
      how do u get a starter out of a250sx 1986? have it loose but can not get it out
    • By funforfree33
      I have a 99 BearTracker. As soon as I put the positive terminal on the battery it starts cranking over whether the key is on or not. Any Ideas?