2004 Honda Foreman 500 - Transmission Advice

:unsure: Im looking at 2004 Foreman 500 with transmission problems. It has been used at a junkyard to push cars around. One day something popped and it stopped moving. Ideas/suggestions as to what may be wrong and the cost? :unsure:

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.
  • Similar Content

• By bradleyheathhays
      2011 Grizz 700 here and so far the only thing I've been told about replacing my coolant is that I should put the same color stuff back in that came out. But other than that nothing specific. A search through both the service or owner's manual gave no coolant info other than capacity. Here's a comparison of the old and the proposed new...

The stuff on the left, what's coming out, is a blue-green. I'm second owner and only put about 75 miles on the machine, so I have no idea how old this coolant is.
      Stuff on the right is the new coolant the guy at the car shop suggested, and is more of a pure lighter translucent blue. It's Pentofrost NF, whatever that is. He said it's what's recommended for European, including BMWs. Here's the bottle...

1) have I found the right coolant?
      2) does this stuff need to be diluted? The bottle says it's 'full strength.'
    • By deanpeddle
      hi - a friend of mine has a 2004 Honda Foreman 450. His machine will move in 4-wheel drive but not when in 2-wheel drive. WHen he uses 4-wheel drive to start moving, he can then turn off 4-wheel and quad keeps moving. Whats wrong?
    • By dwo0100
      Took my wolvy for her first trail ride past weekend. Got home and cleaned all the mud and dirt off. Went to take a spin around the neighborhood and started having issues.
      When you are about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle the RPMs will sudden spike way up with little difference in power to the machine. Once you shift to the next gear it will increase power/rpm consistently then same thing happens and you get a sudden RPM spike. It also seems to recreate the problem if you are low in the gear and try to punch it...High rpm with no power increase. If you shift gears and gradually increase throttle she will increase power and RPMs consistently but if you shift and are more than 1/2 throttle it will increase power and RPMs fine until you get about 1/2 to 3/4 way through the gear then you get the same RPM spike...
      Hope I am explaining this clearly. My truck did a similar thing once and it turned out to be a whole new tranny...hope this is a different issue. Thanks for your help guys and gals.
    • By Cliff
      What's up you quad crazy people!!!
      I got a 2011 Honda 500 foreman that keeps a dead battery replace the battery checked it to see if it was changing and it is can't find out what pulling it down any suggestions!
    • By lovelymommy
      Hello! I am new here and I need some help from the experts. My 9 year old son was given an adult sized 4 wheeler for Christmas. He has never ride one and has never taken a training course. Of course, I just found out about this but was never consulted about him getting this, either.
      Anyways, he was able to ride it this morning and has never had any safety training and honestly, I am petrified he is going to get hurt. It will happen, it's just when.
      I am in the state of Indiana and the law states you must be 14 years old to operate unless there is direct supervision of an 18 year old or other. What exactly does "direct supervision " mean? Is rhis within site of the person riding or is it someone that is ON the ATV?
      Also if there are ANY SUGGESTIONS you guys can give me regarding this it would be helpful.
      My son is only 9 and a very immature 9 year old at that. I feel he has no business being on this without proper training but apparently that isn't as important to some people.
      Also, if there is anyone in the state of Indiana on here that can tell me the rules that would be awesome.
      *in addition* the 4 wheeler is for an adult. My son is only 4 foot 9 and 65 pounda. He's tiny. I am afraid he is certainly nowhere close to having the weight to control this machine.