Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jefafa123
      so I seem to have some trouble getting my old 85 trail boss to put out a spark. when I first got it it fired just fine but had no compression. After I rebuilt the top end and tried to start it there was no spark so I got on the internet and ordered a used coil that came off of the same bike and it worked and ran good for about two weeks. When I really got the engine going good it would lose power and start to bog down but would quickly recover after a few seconds. Then one day it wouldn't starts and I found that it was not firing at all. Now I`ve put a brand new coil and there is still no spark. Everyone I know seems to think its the cdi box. However when I search on the internet everything points to the stator. Is there a way of testing either one?
    • By Jake_406
      My 2004 polaris scrambler 500 started to backfire ,then i was able ti limp it into the driveway and it died . I tried to start it but when i turned the key there was no power to the rest of the quad . my winch still worked but its wired straight to the battery . I had noticed a sound coming from the sylenoid by the battery during previous times i started the engine but then i would turn off the head light and it would start fine . I replaced that but still no dice with the rest of the system . Anyone else ever had this problem ???
    • By kemperhills
      I have a Kawasaki Prairie 700 atv[don't know the year]that I just rebuilt the carb on because it was blowing black smoke out the tailpipe.
      When I start the engine now, and it was doing it before the carb rebuld, It will run fairly well at low speed but when I try to throttle up the engine it starts to miss and backfire.
      There are two codes: 170 and 594. Can anyone tell me what these codes are and what would be the possible cause of this condition. I have ruled out lean fuel mixture and wonder if the codes might have something to do with ignition. Thanks.
    • By glen
      Hi all,sure hope someone can help. Have a 87 lt 4 wd, started running rich. Flooding after shut down and wouldn't idle. Rebuilt carb,was nice and clean inside. Now it starts fine but will not idle,too lean.will rev fine. Drilled out the pilot jet just to see if that would change things and it will idle,but loads up too much. Also played with the float.Tried different pilot jets but after a few still no good. Have just about given up. Was trying to find one of the after market carbs that will work. My intake side is 30mm. Anyone have any ideas ???? By the way I own a PWC sales and service co and spend a lot of time doing carbs....never had one like this !!
    • By oleblue
      Hey, I joined the site and thought these videos may be helpful if you ever run into 4wd problems with your Yamaha.